Administrative: Attention! Yahoo Groups is Changing its Format

  • earlofeden12
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 8, 2010

      As I have several times reported before, all of my emails with legitimate complaints to Yahoo Groups over the years have never led to a single answer from Yahoo, so that I seriously doubt their real íntention to work for the benefit of group users.

      The Subject Line for postings, for example, at the time of writing allows a text length which is longer than the actual permitted posting length, often cutting off the posted subject line in the middle of a word when a post is posted. I have complained bitterly about this several times, to no avail. Yahoo does not care.

      Now I read at the Yahoo Groups Blog that they are revamping Yahoo Groups  -- as is customary to our experience -- without apparently paying any attention to the wishes of the users, so that anything is possible.

      You are in any case now informed of this in advance.

      Should they really screw things up, we can always shift to Google Groups or some similar format, but we will stay here for now to see what happens.

      Andis
    • Boris Artemenko
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 8, 2010
        Strange indeed Andis. I have been able to obtain response and solutions to problems almost every time anything does arise at my end, and I am a member of some 40 groups on yahoo and owner of 6 of them, lol. They always respond though not always resolve the issues as I would like, but sooner or later the problem vanishes.

        Boris

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 10, 2010
          Well, Boris, this subject line problem appears to have existed since the very start of Yahoo Groups -- I do not mind having a limitation, but then the limitation should apply to draft mode as well. In draft mode if I type longer subject lines, I discover when they are posted that the subject lines are truncated -- I do not know what the truncation count is and it is not my intent to start counting letters in the subject line.

          I you have a good connection to Yahoo I am pleased and maybe you can drop them a friendly line and ask them why after all these years this fundamental problem has not been resolved and why the company seems to spend all of its time on things that appear to this observer not to be important.

          I had been hoping that Yahoo would vanish, but alas, they did not accept the Microsoft takeover offer, so we are stuck with whatever they have there, antiquated as it all is.

          Andis

          --- In LexiLine@yahoogroups.com, "Boris Artemenko" <boris14astros@...> wrote:

          > Strange indeed Andis. I have been able to obtain response and solutions to problems almost every time anything does arise at my end, and I am a member of some 40 groups on yahoo and owner of 6 of them, lol. They always respond though not always resolve the issues as I would like, but sooner or later the problem vanishes.
          >
          > Boris

        • Boris Artemenko
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 10, 2010
            Well, I will write them about it and when I get an answer, will revert to you.

            Boris

            Well, Boris, this subject line problem appears to have existed since the very start of Yahoo Groups -- I do not mind having a limitation, but then the limitation should apply to draft mode as well. In draft mode if I type longer subject lines, I discover when they are posted that the subject lines are truncated -- I do not know what the truncation count is and it is not my intent to start counting letters in the subject line.

            I you have a good connection to Yahoo I am pleased and maybe you can drop them a friendly line and ask them why after all these years this fundamental problem has not been resolved and why the company seems to spend all of its time on things that appear to this observer not to be important.

            I had been hoping that Yahoo would vanish, but alas, they did not accept the Microsoft takeover offer, so we are stuck with whatever they have there, antiquated as it all is.

            Andis

            --- In LexiLine@yahoogroups.com, "Boris Artemenko" <boris14astros@...> wrote:

            > Strange indeed Andis. I have been able to obtain response and solutions to problems almost every time anything does arise at my end, and I am a member of some 40 groups on yahoo and owner of 6 of them, lol. They always respond though not always resolve the issues as I would like, but sooner or later the problem vanishes.
            >
            > Boris

          • Maruta Voitkus-Lukins
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 10, 2010
              Boris, you are a lucky fellow. Congratulations!
              My experience resembles that of Andis, unfortunately.
              Maruta Voitkus-Lukins