8 LexiLine 2010 Why Study Ancient Mankind and the Past?

  • earlofeden12
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2010
      8 LexiLine 2010 Why Study Ancient Mankind and the Past?

      Dear LexiLiners,

      I just wrote this to someone interested in my work who themselves was studying mankind's ancient past:
      "In this field, the fun is in the doing.

      I for example work almost entirely for myself, beacuse I am sincerely interested in what actually happened in ancient history.
      It is my way of uncovering and tracing - for me - what I think to be the tracks of mankind.

      Whether others agree with me or not or whether one is "correct" or not in some future "court" that decides these things,
      I doubt very much that it matters."
      I hope we have a lot of members in our group who share that view.

      WANTING to know is the first prerequisite to learning new things
      and making new discoveries,
      especially for ourselves,
      but we seldom have any guarantees
      that we are right in our conclusions