31 LexiLine 2008 Atlit-Yam Israel Underwater Megaliths Deciphered

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 10, 2008
      31 LexiLine 2008 Atlit-Yam Israel Underwater Megaliths Deciphered

      Dear LexiLiners,

      I received an email recently alerting me to the fascinating megalithic underwater site of Atlit-Yam  in Israel.

      The Israel Antiquities Authority  writes:

      "Megalithic Installations.... A ritual installation of megaliths was found at the Atlit-Yam site. It consists of seven stones (1-2.1 m long), six of which are still standing upright, forming a circle (diameter ca. 2.5 m) open to the northwest. The bases of the standing stones are covered with gray travertine attesting to the presence of fresh water in the past. Close to the standing stones to the west, a few flat stone slabs (0.7-1.2 m long) were found lying horizontally. On some of them were hewn shallow cup-marks.... It is Another installation consists of three oval stones (1.6-1.8 m), two of which are circumscribed by grooves forming schematic anthropomorphic figures. "

      I have been able to decipher this megalithic structure as a Planisphere of the Heavens:

      Atlit-Yam Megalithic Decipherment Andis Kaulins

      The megalithic structure at Atlit-Yam shows the heavens from Scorpio to Canis Minor (it could be Canis Major if Canis Major was seen as being within the Milky Way), specifically including those star groups, as well as Sagittarius, Ophiuchus, Corona Borealis, Bo├Âtes, Virgo, Leo, Gemini, Auriga, Perseus, Cassiopeia, Cepheus, Cygnus, Aquila, Ursa Major and Draco. All of the stars represented are WITHIN the elllipse of the Milky Way and the outer wall of the megalithic structure represents that Milky Way.

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 23, 2008

        By his permission, I would like to identify Doctor Ignazio Burgio of Italy as the person who alerted me to the Atlit-Yam megalithic structure in Israel. His website is http://www.cataniacultura.com/ where he has the following webpage in English about Atlit-Yam:

        http://www.cataniacultura.com/121megaliti-e.htm