18 LexiLine Newsletter 2007 Caucasus Dolmens Russia Deciphered as Astronomy

    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2007
      18 LexiLine Newsletter 2007 Caucasus Dolmens Russia Deciphered as Astronomy

      Dear LexiLiners,

      I have recently succeeded in deciphering the megalithic dolmens of the Caucasus in Russia as representing a gigantic sky map of the heavens, i.e. they are a planisphere of the stars.

      My decipherment of the Russian dolmens relies on the placement of the position of the dolmens as found on a map published by Dr. Viktor Trifonov of the West Caucasus Dolmens Project  (Institute for History of Material Culture, Russian Academy of Sciences , Dvortsovaya nab., 18,  St.-Petersburg, 191186 Russia.; Tel. +7 (812) 571-50-92, fax +7 (812) 571-62-71; e-mail: admin@... .

      The map of the positions of the dolmens is found at http://www.archeo.ru/eng/themes/dolmens/index.htm  and http://www.archeo.ru/eng/themes/dolmens/map.1.jpg .

      My interpretation of the positions of these dolmens as representing the stars of the major northern stellar constellations has been posted to the LexiLine Files under Russia Karelia and Eastern Europe  as the file

      caucasusdolmensrussiadecipheredbykaulins.png

      For more information, the two major websites which document the megalithic sites in the Caucasus are:

      1. Viktor Trifonov, Prehistoric Megaliths in the Western Caucasus (West Caucasus Dolmens Project), at http://www.archeo.ru/eng/themes/dolmens
      2. Serg Valganov, The Dolmen Path - Russian Megaliths, at  http://megalith.ru/articles/

      The Dolmens of Russia  are described as follows at the Wikipedia :

      "These dolmens cover the Western Caucasus on both sides of the mountain ridge, in an area of approximately 12.000 square kilometres.... The monuments date between the end of the 4th millennium and ....

      While generally unknown in the rest of Europe, these Russian megaliths are equal to the great megaliths of Europe in terms of age and quality of architecture, but are still of an unknown origin. In spite of the variety of Caucasian monuments, they show strong similarities with megaliths from different parts of Europe and Asia, like the Iberian Peninsula, France, Great Britain, Ireland, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Israel and India. A range of hypotheses has been put forward to explain these similarities and the building of megaliths on the whole, but still it remains unclear. Approximately 3000 of these megalithic monuments are known in the Western Caucasus, but more are constantly being found, while more and more are also being destroyed. Today, many of these monuments are in great disrepair and will be completely lost if they are not protected from vandals and general neglect."