52 LexiLine Newsletter 2004 Jordan Tall Al-Umayri Megaliths Deciphered

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 10, 2004
      52 LexiLine Newsletter 2004 Jordan Tall Al-Umayri Megaliths
      Deciphered as Astronomy

      Dear LexiLiners,

      For the first time, I have now been able to decipher one of the
      megalithic sites of the region of Israel and Jordan, in this case,
      the megaliths of the Jordanian Temple at Tall Al-Umayri, Madaba
      Plains (Ma'daba), Jordan, south of Amman and east of Jerusalem.

      The decipherment is uploaded to our LexiLine files at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LexiLine/files
      to the new directory "Jordan"
      as the file

      tallalumayri.png

      The Daily Star of August 5, 2004, carries an article by Larry G. Herr
      entitled "3500-year-old Bronze Age temple discovered in Jordan".

      See
      http://snipurl.com/2r57
      http://www.dailystar.com.lb/article.asp?
      edition_id=10&categ_id=4&Article_id=6915

      Larry G. Herr is Prof. of Archaeology, Canadian University College,
      Alberta, Canada and together with Douglas R. Clark, Exec. Director,
      American Schools of Oriental Research, Boston, directs the Madaba
      Plains Project.

      This project, together with the Jordan Department of Antiquities,
      headed by Director-General, Fawwaz al-Khraysheh, has found a temple
      at Tall Al-Umayri which contains a shrine of megaliths built into an
      ancient wall.

      The temple consists of four rooms, with the megaliths being found in
      the largest room. The megaliths (obviously to symbolize the heavens)
      tower 3 meters above the heads of the temple excavators.

      see
      http://www.wwc.edu/academics/departments/theology/mpp/
      http://snipurl.com/8caa
      http://www.wwc.edu/academics/departments/theology/mpp/umayri/index.htm
      http://www.utoronto.ca/tmap/

      The archaeologists have dated the temple to 1500 BC. I do not know
      what their basis for this dating is - but my decipherment of the
      megaliths indicates that these stones as cupmarked may date to ca.
      3117 BC.

      If the walls are indeed more recent, then the original - older -
      megaliths were integrated into the walls of the temple many years
      later than their original creation.

      The megaliths are carved and also have cupmarks, especially
      the middle large round megalithic stone, which appears to have the
      stars of Andromeda cupmarked on it.

      To the left we find what I identify provisionally as the stars of
      Perseus, the Pleiades and Aries, with Taurus carved on the adjacent
      wall.

      To the right we find possibly Lacerta, Pegasus, and Aquarius.

      Above, the wall marks the Milky Way, Cassiopeia, and Cepheus.

      Below we find the clear shapes of fish for Pisces and a large whale
      for Cetus including an apparent marking of the South Galactic Pole
      near Phoenix.

      In the astronomical survey of the fertile crescent, we thus find -
      provisionally - that Jordan apparently marked Andromeda, as evidenced
      by the large prominent stone in the temple - the one with the stars
      of Andromeda cupmarked on it.

      JORDAn is a name said to derive from Hebrew YARAD meaning "descend"
      or "flow down" and thus originally surely applied to the River Jordan.

      We find the ancient Arabic name al 'ARD for Andromeda to be possibly
      related to JORDan (see Richard Hinckley Allen, Star Names, p. 36).

      Perhaps this is origin of the astronomical line marked here at
      Andromeda as al RISHA, the band of the fish, which was called ARIT in
      Egypt, according to Renouf, an identification supported by the later
      Coptic ARTulosia, which referred to the moon station at Alpheratz in
      that same constellation Andromeda.

      All of those terms are similar matching the geography to astronomy in
      the hermetic system.

      It is thus perhaps no accident and rather the product of many
      thousands of years of tradition that the Madaba Mosaic Map from
      Madaba, Jordan (ca. 6th-7th cent. A.D.), though partially destroyed,
      is regarded to be one of the best ancient maps of Biblical lands.

      See
      http://198.62.75.1/www1/ofm/fai/FAImadmn.html
      http://www.christusrex.org/www1/ofm/mad/

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 10, 2004

        Oops. A small link error occurred in the last posting.

        The correct snipped URL for

        http://www.dailystar.com.lb/article.asp?
        edition_id=10&categ_id=4&Article_id=6915

        which does not wrap fully in Yahoo - you otherwise have to cut and
        paste it -
        is
        http://snipurl.com/8cbk

        Somehow the LawPundit snip was erroneously used.

        Andis

        --- In LexiLine@yahoogroups.com, "Andis Kaulins" <AKaulins@a...>

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 12, 2004

          Please note that what we see at Tall Al-Umayri, i.e. the inclusion
          and incorporation of more ancient megaliths in what is apparently a
          more modern temple construction, is precisely what I alleged also
          occurred in the building of the Great Pyramids of Gizeh in that the
          secret chamber of the Cheops pyramid may incorporate more ancient
          megaliths originally standing at or near that location ....

          See my discussion of the Cheops secret chamber (recently opened) ...
          at
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LexiLine/message/652