34 LexiLine Newsletter 2004 Bangu-Dae Ulsan Korea Pisces Cetus

    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2004
      34 LexiLine Newsletter 2004 Bangu-Dae Ulsan Korea Pisces Cetus

      Dear LexiLiners,

      To our LexiLine Files at

      in our directory for Korea I have uploaded the file

      bangu-dae.png

      showing that the Bangu-Dae archaeological site in Ulsan, which is on
      the southeast coast of South Korea, marks the position of Pisces and
      Cetus in the ancient geodetic survey of the Korean Peninsula, which
      had the area of Seoul as its astronomically hermetic center of
      heaven.

      My uploaded drawing of the rock drawing of Bangu-Dae, Ulsan
      is based on a photo found at BBC at

      The rock drawing - according to my analysis - shows the region of
      the sky from the Spring Equinox to the Winter Solstice ca. 3117 BC.
      Caelum is marked as the profile of a human face, Eridanus as an
      animal or possibly swordfish. Pisces and Cetus are marked by fish
      (perhaps whales or dolphins). Taurus is marked by a boat similar to
      the boat drawings found in Scandinavia and predynastic Egypt.

      See http://www.lexiline.com/lexiline/lexi239.htm and
      http://www.lexiline.com/lexiline/lexi251.htm

      Auriga is the head of a bird, Perseus is a human figure, Cassiopeia
      is marked by four figures for its four major stars, Andromeda and
      Pegasus seem to be formed by the head of an elephant. The Circlet of
      Pisces could be a fishing boat and Aquarius a type of "floating
      bucket" used to hold captured whales or dolphins above water. The
      heavily marked line on the stone marks the line of the Winter
      Solstice. To its right are Cygnus as the head of a bird and below
      that the figures of a dog's head and a cat's figure. Capricorn could
      be a hook (or a horn) or some round fish.