Ezero ring inscription

  • Eigius
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2004

             Hello,

         There is photo of golden ring with Thracian inscription on it by this address: http://members.tripod.com/~Groznijat/thrac/thrac_6.html
         Inscription have been made in about 500 before Jezus Kristus was born. The ring have been found in Bulgaria.
         There is written on ring:

      ROLISTENEASNERENEATILTEANESKOARAZEADOMEANTILEZUPTAMIEERAZELTA
         I have separated words:
      ROLISTENEAS NERENEA TILTEAN ES KOARA ZEADOM EANT ILEZ UP TAMI EERA ZELTA
         I have changed ending EA into A:
      ROLISTENAS NERENA TILTAN ES KOARA ZEADOM ANT ILEZ UP TAMI EERA ZELTA

         Words NERENA TILTAN in Aukshtaitian dialect of Lithuanian language means FROM NERENAS FAMILY.

         Word ES in Latvian language means I.

         Word KURA in Latvian language means WHOSE.

         Word ZIEDAS in Lithuanian language means RING. I know that Lithuanian language have lost one case. I think that word ZIEDOM have this case. Also, Baltic languages had neuter gender, which was been used to indicate inanimate things. This gender can be presented in word ZIEDOM.

         Word ANT in Lithuanian language means ON.

         Word YLA in Lithuanian language means AWL. This word in Old Lithuanian language ment FINGER. Latvians for AWL have word ILENS, which means SOMEONE WHO HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH ILE.

         Word UP in Trakian language means AND. Compare it with Latvian word UN meaning AND.

         Word TAMI in Zhemaitian language means IN IT.

         Word YRA in Lithuanian language means IS.

         Word ZELTA in Latvian language means GOLD (here words NERENAS, TILTAS, KURIS, ILE and ZELTAS are presented in cases forms).
         So, all the sentence means:
      I'M ROLISTENAS FROM NERENAS FAMILY, WHOSE RING IS ON THE FINGER AND THERE IS GOLD IN IT.

         Thracian letter E in this text must be pronounced as Lithuanian letter E with dot on it. At the same time Thracian letter H must be pronounced like usual Lithuanian letter E.

         Names Rolistenas and Nerenas have suffix -en, like about 50 percents of Romanian and Moldavian place names do. For example: Armeni, Buteni, Galbeni, Glodeni, Ileni, Lupeni, Saveni... The same situation is with  Latvian and Lithuanian place names. This suffix both in Romanian and Baltic languages gives to the word the same meaning. So, name Rolistenas has come from word ROLISTIS, name Nerenas has com from word NERE or NERIS. Word NERE in Lithuanian language means WAS DIVING. Woman with name Neris was servant of Medea. There is river named Neris in Lithuania. Prussian word Kailus means HEALTHY, but Prussian word Kailustis means HEALTH. So, if Thracian word ROLIS means CLEVER, then Thracian word ROLISTIS means CLEVERNESS. Rolis (Roles) was Dacian king.
         Troas's older name is Ilionis. There are place names Ilia and Ileni in Romania. So, word ILE existed in Thracian language.

         So, I think, that Thracian language was close to Proto Baltic language.

         Regards, Eigius

      Do you Yahoo!?
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2004
        Dear LexiLiners

        When you send e-mails for posting, some types of formatting will
        carry the lines out beyond the normal page and will then be covered
        by advertising. So please remove all formatting and permit the lines
        to be wrapped.

        Here is the Ezero ring inscription posting which I have simply run
        through notepad.exe which makes it OK for group postings:

        Hello,

        There is photo of golden ring with Thracian inscription on it by
        this address:
        http://members.tripod.com/~Groznijat/thrac/thrac_6.html
        Inscription have been made in about 500 before Jezus Kristus was
        born. The ring have been found in Bulgaria.
        There is written on ring:
        ROLISTENEASNERENEATILTEANESKOARAZEADOMEANTILEZUPTAMIEERAZELTA
        I have separated words:
        ROLISTENEAS NERENEA TILTEAN ES KOARA ZEADOM EANT ILEZ UP TAMI EERA
        ZELTA
        I have changed ending EA into A:
        ROLISTENAS NERENA TILTAN ES KOARA ZEADOM ANT ILEZ UP TAMI EERA
        ZELTA ?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-
        com:office:office" />