Re: 212 LexiLine Newsletter 2003 Flinders Petrie and Chronology

    Message 1 of 31 , Jul 9, 2003
      Joan writes,

      >Now if there exist letters from Amarna mentioning Israel (the
      >country) to Akhnaten, I hardly think he could have been the same
      >as King Saul.

      At the time of Akhenaten, who did in fact introduce a new
      monotheistic belief system into Egypt - probably derived from his
      Hittite wife, the place was NOT called Israel - like a separate
      country, with a Constitution, a President, a Parliament and so on.
      One must get away from viewing history with the eye of a modern.

      The peoples of the rebel region ONLY started to be called Israel
      after the rebellion against Merenptah (Rehoboam), one of King
      Solomon's sons, by Jeroboam and his allies, and the name Israel
      applied to the people and region of the rebellion. The Israelites
      were the rebels.

      Prior to that time there was NO country Israel,and the name Israel
      was apparently only used to describe combative persons. If there had
      been a land Israel prior to that time it would long ago have
      surfaced in the many written materials available - but it has NOT
      surfaced.

      It was Judah - this was Idj-taui - that existed beforehand, not the
      other way around.

      The idea of monotheism was at the base of Judah and Rehoboam,
      whereas Jeroboam went the way of the old priests and idols and lost.

      When the Biblical accounts were then written much later in time, the
      three previous kings in the same line starting with Saul, David and
      Solomon - were counted the first three kings of Israel, quite
      naturally because they were on the original line of kings which Saul
      had started, even thought these kings, too, as is stated in the
      Bible, in part returned to idolatry.

      If you compare the account of the life of Saul with Akhenaten you
      will see they are very close. Saul in the end lost his head and was
      burned to ashes, which explains why no mummy of Akhenaten has ever
      been found, nor will it ever be found, for his was the fate of Saul.

      If you compare the life of Sethos you will see the similarities
      immediately and see the confluence of other figures, e.g. Harem-hab
      as Hiram of Tyre.

      Many points of convergence are found between Solomon and Ramses.

      enjoy,

      Andis
    • Michael Busch
      Message 31 of 31 , Jul 10, 2003
        Andis
        Thank you for your well informed reply.  I am expanding my understanding of how the Hebrew interacted with ancient Egypt and you have been a great help.
        In formulating my theories I have used Ochams Razor a lot.  Though your work is new to me, much of the little I have seen so far withstands the test of Ochams Razor.
        I agree with you that the academic community is incapable of many things.
        Pont and Temple Grove complete with a 45 foot long stone snake was found by 20 years of research and by interpreting the Argonautica using Stoahist theory.  The ancient Greeks clearly state that Temple Grove is on Pont.  The ancient Egyptians state that the Steps of Myrrh are on Punt and the length of the snake Mahan in Punt is 30 cubits.  Not unlike the Rosetta stone, Temple Grove and the Steps of Myrrh being the same offer a vast new knowledge base.  Part of the larger water body that touched this temple (It is accepted in the normal academic community that by 1700 BC isostatic rebound closed the outlet called "Vase" at the foot of the temple.) was still called Puants and Puan on maps from between 1656 AD and 1751 AD.  A people on Punt - Pont - Puan - Puants were still called "Puant" people on a map from 1890.  (I have copies of these maps available in a local Library)  The God of copper for the Puant people in 1700 AD, and long before, has been securely recorded as "Mishepeshu:" I do not need to tell you who that refers to in ancient Egypt that brought back copper from Punt.  This is less than .05 % of the supporting evidences and solid proofs offered by Stoahist Theory.
        The same way Copernicus and Galileo proved their theories to no avail in their life time the location of Punt has been more securely and more thoroughly proven.  References for all Stoahist material are available and to be found within the normally accepted academic community.
        Andis I feel for you and your words.  Unfortunately most scholars are excellent at learning and regurgitating information but after a certain young age they, in general become the sheep you refer to.  Should you choose to do a internet search under my name or Stoahist Theory and go to the maps of Punt, I will find out if you are also of them.  I hope not.  I have been here a hundred times and there is most likely no way that you can reject me and my work that I have not already experienced.  While we still talk and are in this short space share a commonality in our love for history and the obvious, may I wish you well in your future works.
        Michael Busch