Re: Flirting?

  • Prairie Primitives Folk Art
    Message 1 of 15 , May 15, 2013
      Becca, the other replies about hanging out with her away from the office
      are good ones, however please think really hard before you get involved
      with a co-worker; that can get very complicated very quickly. Among other
      things, she could make a claim of sexual harassment against you.

      I do love me some flirting though! Been going at it with a gal in the Bay
      Area for several years now. For her part, she SAYS she wants to hang out
      with me, but she just can't make time in her busy schedule to do so. I'm
      99% sure that she's single and I know she likes girls ... but I don't know
      if she's ever done anything about it. I always let her know when I'm in the
      area, which is about 1.5 hours away. The latest is that she said we'd get
      together to hang out in July, after she's done with some classes she's
      taking. If anyone has suggestions on how I can be sure this (finally!)
      happens, please share! :-)

      Tana

    • Prairie Primitives Folk Art
      Message 2 of 15 , May 16, 2013
        Becca, glad to hear things are progressing well. Please keep us posted! :-)

        A gal who I thought had kicked me to the curb at the first of the year
        emailed me last night. Not sure what to make of it since all she wanted to
        know was whether I'm still self-employed. First I asked her why (she was
        just curious), then I said there had to be more to it than that (nope). So
        I said "ok, if you say so" ... just to end the conversation. I'm sure
        there's more to it, but she obviously doesn't want to tell me why she's
        asking. I think she may be the type to pop up every few months just so I
        can't get her completely out of my mind.

        Tana
        http://PrairiePrimitives.etsy.com

      • Diann
        Message 3 of 15 , May 16, 2013
          Another tidbit for Becca - if you do start to get involved you might want to tell her you are bi right away because some lesbians get bugged up about that.  Just sayin'...
          Tana - I had a friend like that and she even described our relationship as "dating," yet never had time and didn't seem to want to get close physically at all.  Finally I talked to her about it and told her I knew it was silly on my part to be interested in someone who doesn't have time for me.  I also told her I realized she was not wanting to get any closer.  Once I told her that, she has made a lot more time for me, I guess she was having too much dissonance over "dating" vs not wanting to get involved.  Maybe there is some event going on that you could ask her to go to?  So it would be a specific day, not just "sometime."

          Diann

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 15 , May 16, 2013
            Games

            Diann

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 15 , May 17, 2013
              Hi Diann, I have invited her to specific events over the past couple of
              years ... with no luck. The events included everything from stopping by to
              visit me at an antique fair where I was selling to brunch with the girls,
              both about a 45 minute drive for her (2.5 hours drive for me to the antique
              fair and 45 minutes to the brunch). I've even texted her, which seems to be
              her fav way to communicate with me, when I was all but in the town where
              she lives (a couple of times) and a few blocks from where she works (once).
              I thought about just popping in to her work that day, but when she didn't
              reply to my text, I decided not to.

              I've only met her face-to-face one time and that was about 4 years ago. I
              realize we may not even hit it off if we ever get a chance to hang out and
              spend some time together, so I'm trying to be realistic about any prospects
              with her ... and I am also keeping my options open in case I meet someone
              else. :-) However, I sure wouldn't mind moving back to the Bay Area,
              though I can't afford to live there on my own now ... and I don't want a
              random roommate.

              Tana
              http://PrairiePrimitives.etsy.com

            • LuvMyGrls2
              Message 6 of 15 , May 20, 2013
                Just an update...
                We have a lot in common. Deep family/former spouse stuff which we both found out. I asked if she wanted to get together this coming weekend & laugh at my car possibly getting towed again (reference to the last time we hung out) She said, "Yes absolutely" which I take as a good sign :) I don't know if she's into me that way or females at all but this friendship thing is pretty cool & she's a really awesome woman so whatever happens is fine by me just as long as it's positive. I have to say though, that the flirting is exciting. I'm loving it. She told me yesterday that if anything she does bothers me to let her know. Hmmmm.... let's see, hot chick touching me? Nope! All good here! :D
                Today at work it was her cold finger on my neck to scare me... Then the rib tickle, hand up the sleeve of my short sleeve t-shirt asking "is it really cold?" (cold hands again) & then randomly just touching the back of my neck for no reason while smiling at me. She seems to find any reason she can to touch me, bump into me or lean over me. Still confused as to whether she's just being a touchy feely friendly girl or full on trying to get my attention. She has it! I've hinted & said things to point to the fact that I'm attracted to females & she keeps her playful teasing (that's what it feels like to me, anyway...) I wonder if she even knows she's turning me on??? Lol!
                One more thing... She's telling people in our dept at work that we text, that I've been over to her place, she'll pick on me in front of them about things that we've joked about out of work... she does this all in front of me & then just looks at me smiling. Is she telling them for some other reason than conversation or could there be something else to it that I should be seeing? She also took a big step into my personal bubble yesterday when talking in the parking lot after work... something she didn't need to do & waited until another coworker of ours (who we were also talking to) had left. Hmmm???
                Becca

                Message 7 of 15 , May 21, 2013
                  Becca, just think how hot it's going to be if/when you two finally do get
                  together! Thanks for the update!

                  Tana

                • Diann
                  Message 8 of 15 , May 21, 2013
                    She's definitely into you, Becca!  I'm sure this will get more involved, no doubt in MY mind!  You go girl!

                    Diann

                    ________________________________
                    We have a lot in common. Deep family/former spouse stuff which we both found out. I asked if she wanted to get together this coming weekend & laugh at my car possibly getting towed again (reference to the last time we hung out) She said, "Yes absolutely" which I take as a good sign :) I don't know if she's into me that way or females at all but this friendship thing is pretty cool & she's a really awesome woman so whatever happens is fine by me just as long as it's positive. I have to say though, that the flirting is exciting. I'm loving it. She told me yesterday that if anything she does bothers me to let her know. Hmmmm.... let's see, hot chick touching me? Nope! All good here! :D
                    Today at work it was her cold finger on my neck to scare me... Then the rib tickle, hand up the sleeve of my short sleeve t-shirt asking "is it really cold?" (cold hands again) & then randomly just touching the back of my neck for no reason while smiling at me. She seems to find any reason she can to touch me, bump into me or lean over me. Still confused as to whether she's just being a touchy feely friendly girl or full on trying to get my attention. She has it! I've hinted & said things to point to the fact that I'm attracted to females & she keeps her playful teasing (that's what it feels like to me, anyway...) I wonder if she even knows she's turning me on??? Lol!
                    One more thing... She's telling people in our dept at work that we text, that I've been over to her place, she'll pick on me in front of them about things that we've joked about out of work... she does this all in front of me & then just looks at me smiling. Is she telling them for some other reason than conversation or could there be something else to it that I should be seeing? She also took a big step into my personal bubble yesterday when talking in the parking lot after work... something she didn't need to do & waited until another coworker of ours (who we were also talking to) had left. Hmmm???
                    Becca

                    --- In LesbianCoffeeHouse@yahoogroups.com, Diann <wingedblackhorse@...> wrote:

                    > Games
                    >
                    > Diann

                  • Blkqueen075
                    Message 9 of 15 , May 22, 2013
                      Hi there. I'm Charlene. I read the post from time to time but don't really talk much as I am soo crazy busy most of the time. Wife, 4 kids, full time student, a cat and a dog...lol.

                      I just read the post from lovemygrls2 and just wanted to say...aww...how cute. Sounds like she really likes you!

                      Message 10 of 15 , May 26, 2013
                        Doesn't sound like she's being very responsive!  I bet you can find someone who is more interested.

                        Diann