Re: [LesbianCoffeeHouse] Re: Thanks for the Welcome!

  • bostonaccent61
    Message 1 of 14 , May 14, 2013
      Good luck!!

      Sent from my iPhone

      On May 14, 2013, at 10:02 AM, Diann <wingedblackhorse@...> wrote:

      Sounds like you should grab that job up!

      Diann

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 14 , May 15, 2013
        Diann, I do too! I emailed the interviewer Friday afternoon to thank her
        for interviewing me and to let her know that I was interested in taking the
        job. She replied fairly quickly that she would be in touch soon. Now it's
        Wednesday and I've still not heard from her.

        I have an interview today with a State agency that could be a more
        interesting place to work than where I interviewed last week. Please keep
        your fingers crossed for me!

        Tana

      • Diann
        Message 3 of 14 , May 16, 2013
          Will do!  Job hunting is hell and they NEVER hold to the timeframes they tell you.  EVER.  I hope you get the better State job, maybe you will be lucky and they will drag their feet until you know about the State job.  Another thing - don't think you can't take the first one and then quit for the better one.  I always had a very hard time with that concept but all my friends do it and frankly, I think it is the only rational thing to do because you don't want to get left out in the cold.

          Diann

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 14 , May 16, 2013
            I second what Diann said....besides it's easier to look for a job when you have one. You feel less pressure and I think some employers look more favorably on someone that is already employed.

            Sent from my Droid Charge on Verizon 4G LTE

            Message 5 of 14 , May 24, 2013
              I would also like to say, "Ditto". When you're not currently working potential employers wonder "why not?"... and if it comes to choosing between two potential candidates the statistics show the employer would favor the currently employed applicant. Not fair, but reality.

              I also hope that you get the State job, if possible, because if the woman you interviewed with really wanted you she would have told you so up front clearly. She's either waiting for the answer of another applicant or somethings shaky behind the scenes.

              If you need some other options about income, and you have a cell phone, then let me share this link with you (http://www.angelphones.net). It might just be an option for you, and of course the sponsors are lesbians.

              ShouldBeGreen

              Message 6 of 14 , May 25, 2013
                Re: angelphones.net

                You can call this social commerce. I call it MLM and that's not something I
                want to be a part of.

                Tana

              • Debbie Poston
                Message 7 of 14 , May 26, 2013
                  Not for everybody. But some will do it.This seems like Amway or Avon. But
                  it takes time to make money. Had an Uncle who got into Amway over forty
                  years ago. When he retire, he was making about $150000.00 an year off of
                  the ones below him. No one really knows what he made. I just think it was
                  that. My cousin told me that was about right.
                  Don't know about this one.

                  debbie

                  On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 10:19 AM, Prairie Primitives Folk Art <
                  prairieprimitivesfolkart@...> wrote:

                  > **
                  >

                  > Re: angelphones.net
                  >
                  > You can call this social commerce. I call it MLM and that's not something I
                  > want to be a part of.
                  >

                  > Tana

                • Aysha D
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 26, 2013
                    I did amway years ago. It helps to know people

                    ________________________________
                    Not for everybody. But some will do it.This seems like Amway or Avon. But
                    it takes time to make money. Had an Uncle who got into Amway over forty
                    years ago. When he retire, he was making about $150000.00 an year off of
                    the ones below him. No one really knows what he made. I just think it was
                    that. My cousin told me that was about right.
                    Don't know about this one.

                    debbie

                    On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 10:19 AM, Prairie Primitives Folk Art <
                    prairieprimitivesfolkart@...> wrote:

                    > **
                    >

                    > Re: angelphones.net
                    >
                    > You can call this social commerce. I call it MLM and that's not something I
                    > want to be a part of.
                    >

                    > Tana

                  • Debbie Poston
                    Message 9 of 14 , May 26, 2013
                      Know any of the managers? My uncle got in at about the 2nd or 3rd level.
                      Just as Amway was getting going. Every one told him he was dumb for doing
                      it. But no one was laughing at him when he retired. Bought an house
                      months before that every one said he would louse because the payments was
                      so high(103.00 per month). Bet people wish they had payments that low now.

                      debbie

                      On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 5:39 PM, Aysha D <starsinger311@...> wrote:

                      > **
                      >

                      > I did amway years ago. It helps to know people

                    • Corielyn C
                      Message 10 of 14 , May 27, 2013
                        hi am corielyn