  • Jeane Godwin
    Message 1 of 25 , Feb 2, 2012
      Before you ask No those are not mine. they just look like Good Morning
      Hugs, Jeane

    • Cheryl Baker
      Message 2 of 25 , Feb 3, 2012
        Message 3 of 25 , Feb 7, 2012
            Hello Cheryl,

             Good to have you with us.  We have Ladies from all around the globe, all walks of life. some younger some older. Some are straight some are bisexual some are lesbian. We are all here mainly for one reason to support and listen to one another offer advice if needed or asked for......and sometimes even when it's not asked for.....lol.  I will say the group is a bit quite right now, but if you see a post you want you committ on go right ahead. you can do it in email or on the group home page. I use email most of the time myself. both ways end up in the same place.

             Sorry it took solong to reply to you.  Life gets a bit busy at times as I am sure you know. Once again welcome to the Coffee House.

                          Hugs, Jeane

          ________________________________

            Before you ask No those are not mine. they just look like Good Morning
            Hugs, Jeane

            Hi Jeane and everybody at the lesbian coffee house. My name is Cheryl
            - Im based in London and Im new to the group. How does it work? is the
            group international? I saw an email from somebody in Brazil the other
            day. Do any of you ever meet up? how do you get to know each other?

            Hi Jeane. Thanks for taking the time to let me know about the lesbian
            coffee house. Ive got some friends but no gay women friends so it
            will be nice to have a chat with some gay women. Im not really into
            pubs and clubs these days but when i have been they are full of gay
            men. Perhaps women just dont go out as much. Thanks for my virtual
            hug - one back to you too. Cheryl
          • Tammy
            Message 5 of 25 , Feb 7, 2012
              why would a straight women be part of a lesbian group?
              Tammy
              shelonewolf

              Message 6 of 25 , Feb 7, 2012
                I understand you question..... but there are some..... not sure why. Still if I can help I would.

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 25 , Feb 7, 2012

                  wrote:

                  > **
                  >

                  >  Hello Cheryl,
                  >
                  >    Good to have you with us.  We have Ladies from all around the
                  globe,
                  > all walks of life. some younger some older. Some are straight some are
                  > bisexual some are lesbian. We are all here mainly for one reason to
                  support
                  > and listen to one another offer advice if needed or asked for......and
                  > sometimes even when it's not asked for.....lol.  I will say the group
                  is a
                  > bit quite right now, but if you see a post you want you committ on go
                  right
                  > ahead. you can do it in email or on the group home page. I use email
                  most
                  > of the time myself. both ways end up in the same place.
                  >
                  >    Sorry it took solong to reply to you.  Life gets a bit busy at
                  times as
                  > I am sure you know. Once again welcome to the Coffee House.
                  >
                  >                Hugs, Jeane
                  >

                  > ________________________________

                  Hi lone wolf. I reckon those straight women that join "lesbian coffee
                  house" must be a bit curious about lesbians - & they are safe at home
                  so theyre not gonna get savaged by any wolves!
                • Laura Maria Martini
                  Message 8 of 25 , Feb 7, 2012
                    she's maybe curious to have her first girl for sexxx, why not ?
                    Laura Maria

                    Message 9 of 25 , Feb 9, 2012
                      straight women why would they be interested in same sex ? being straight
                      or bi or gay is about attraction not about the act of having sex thats
                      just a result in attraction .. if your straight your not attracted to
                      same sex if not attracted why would you want it ?
                      sorry thats not logical
                      Tammy
                      shelonewolf

                      Message 10 of 25 , Feb 9, 2012
                        sorry but what about les would they find interesting we are the same
                        except for who we are attracted too so that dont make since at all..
                        strange joke about wolves not sure what your implying ?
                        Tammy
                        shelonewolf

                      • T. Webster
                        Message 11 of 25 , Feb 9, 2012
                          I think having a place for social expression like this Coffee House is a
                          great thing for everyone. The fact that it is a lesbian coffee house just
                          means that the members of the list are accepting of lesbians. Straight women
                          are certainly welcome at my table to discuss any topic in a mature and
                          respectful way, and if they are straight-allies, they may not be able to
                          find the same acceptance of their views in another forum. Makes sense to
                          me.

                          Hugs,
                          Tilly

                          Message 12 of 25 , Feb 9, 2012
                            no thats not what it means read the groups page it says
                            Welcome to the Lesbian Coffee House (LCH). A mailing list for all lesbians,
                            bi-sexual and curious women. This list isn't a dating service. Any spam or
                            promotion of any website or group will result in an instant ban.
                            NO men!

                            When joining, please have a profile stating your gender or you will not be
                            accepted. 18+ Only please. <http://www.statcounter.com/>
                            when I joined I assumed it is just that a group for lesbians and bi sexuals
                            and those interested in women .. I did not join a group for all women
                            that just accept lesbians if thats what this is they need to change the
                            page and tell us because I would not had joined .
                            Tammy
                            shelonewolf

                            - Martin Luther King

                          • margo mackenzie
                            Message 13 of 25 , Feb 9, 2012
                              I think "curious" would be the reason a straight woman would have an interest in our coffee house. I've read several articles over the years that suggested a lot of so called straight women have had sexual fantasies or perhaps an infatuation with other women sometime during their life...usually in their younger (formative) years. I can see no other reason for a straight woman to join our coffee house if she wasn't curious.
                              Margo

                              Message 14 of 25 , Feb 9, 2012
                                I guess a person who thought they were straight but are curious might join
                                but I would assume they were really bi just dont know it yet ..but I have
                                no idea why straights would join a lesbian group other wise plenty of
                                groups for straight women out there ..I support straight women but I would
                                not join a straight group for that reason ..
                                Tammy
                                shelonewolf

                                On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 6:21 PM, margo mackenzie <marg.om@...> wrote:

                                > **
                                >

                                > I think "curious" would be the reason a straight woman would have an
                                > interest in our coffee house. I've read several articles over the years
                                > that suggested a lot of so called straight women have had sexual fantasies
                                > or perhaps an infatuation with other women sometime during their
                                > life...usually in their younger (formative) years. I can see no other
                                > reason for a straight woman to join our coffee house if she wasn't curious.
                                > Margo

                              • T. Webster
                                Message 15 of 25 , Feb 9, 2012
                                  I joined so long ago, that I didn't remember the caveat you mentioned, so on
                                  those grounds I stand corrected. I still don't have a problem with straight
                                  allies being in the group, though. I can see your point of view on what the
                                  understanding was/is when you joined, but I'm just curious why you wouldn't
                                  have joined a group that was inclusive of straight women, since this isn't a
                                  dating site?

                                  Hugs,

                                  Message 16 of 25 , Feb 9, 2012
                                    I’m not saying that anyone is right or wrong, as we are discussing opinions here. There is no “wrong” answer. However, the segregation aspect kind of freaks me out a little. Aren’t we, the GLBTQ community as a whole, in the midst of a battle to gain our rights and our freedoms? Aren’t we, as women, lesbians, bi-sexual women and mothers, espousing continually that we are no different from any other woman; that who we choose to love is not as important as the love itself? I would not join a “coffee house” that was exclusively straight because of homophobia and a lack of understanding, however to not invite “them” to join our little house here (if the “them” in question is a fair-minded, kind, considerate ally) seems to vindicate the anti-gay straight community’s argument that we should keep quiet and not “act gay” around them.
                                    I don’t mean to be argumentative and I hope that my posts aren’t taken as such. I think a mature debate on this issue may be necessary though since it has been revealed there are straight women on this list. For the record, the posts are public as well and appear in search engines routinely.
                                    Thanks
                                    Tilly

                                    On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 6:21 PM, margo mackenzie <mailto:marg.om%40hotmail.com> wrote:

                                    > **
                                    >

                                    > I think "curious" would be the reason a straight woman would have an
                                    > interest in our coffee house. I've read several articles over the years
                                    > that suggested a lot of so called straight women have had sexual fantasies
                                    > or perhaps an infatuation with other women sometime during their
                                    > life...usually in their younger (formative) years. I can see no other
                                    > reason for a straight woman to join our coffee house if she wasn't curious.
                                    > Margo

                                  • Tammy
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Feb 9, 2012
                                      I joined the group to be around other lesbians thats why I joined it I am
                                      thinking this is not the group it says it is if I have to explain that if
                                      a group says lesbian you should not expect straight people in it ...
                                      Tammy
                                      shelonewolf

                                      Message 18 of 25 , Feb 9, 2012
                                        why debate it it is either a lesbian group or it is not if it is not I
                                        wont be happy here ..
                                        Tammy
                                        shelonewolf

                                      • Tammy
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Feb 9, 2012
                                          it would be nice if the owner would tell us which it is
                                          Tammy
                                          shelonewolf

                                        • margo mackenzie
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Feb 9, 2012
                                            Tammy, i think you are getting yourself worked up for nothing...just because someone mentioned there are straight women in this group doesn't actually mean that there are but if there are a few why would they joing a lesbian group if they wern't curious?

                                          • T. Webster
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Feb 9, 2012
                                              I got a private message from Tammy that she has left the group. I feel
                                              really bad if I said anything that would make anyone leave. I'm honestly
                                              curious about the discussion we have been having and we (this group) have
                                              always been able to discuss issues rationally in the past. *sigh*

                                              I think she and I were both separating "curious" women from women who know
                                              they are straight. From what I can gather, Tammy was under the impression
                                              that the owner of the list has allowed authentically straight women into the
                                              group and she wasn't comfortable or happy with that. (For the record, again,
                                              I personally don't care or mind if that's the case.) I'm truly sorry if my
                                              questions aggravated the situation.

                                              Tilly

                                              Tammy, i think you are getting yourself worked up for nothing...just because
                                              someone mentioned there are straight women in this group doesn't actually
                                              mean that there are but if there are a few why would they joing a lesbian
                                              group if they wern't curious?

                                              > To: LesbianCoffeeHouse@yahoogroups.com
                                              > From: shelonewolf@...
                                              > Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 19:31:54 -0500
                                              > Subject: Re: [LesbianCoffeeHouse] (unknown)
                                              >
                                              > it would be nice if the owner would tell us which it is
                                              > Tammy
                                              > shelonewolf
                                              >

                                              > On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 7:31 PM, Tammy <shelonewolf@...> wrote:
                                              >
                                              > > why debate it it is either a lesbian group or it is not if it is not I
                                              > > wont be happy here ..
                                              > > Tammy
                                              > > shelonewolf
                                              > >

                                              > > On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 7:19 PM, T. Webster <news.tweb@...> wrote:
                                              > >
                                              > >> **
                                              > >>

                                              > >> I’m not saying that anyone is right or wrong, as we are discussing
                                              > >> opinions here. There is no “wrong” answer. However, the segregation
                                              > >> aspect
                                              > >> kind of freaks me out a little. Aren’t we, the GLBTQ community as a
                                              > >> whole,
                                              > >> in the midst of a battle to gain our rights and our freedoms? Aren’t
                                              > >> we, as
                                              > >> women, lesbians, bi-sexual women and mothers, espousing continually
                                              > >> that we
                                              > >> are no different from any other woman; that who we choose to love is
                                              > >> not as
                                              > >> important as the love itself? I would not join a “coffee house” that
                                              > >> was
                                              > >> exclusively straight because of homophobia and a lack of understanding,
                                              > >> however to not invite “them” to join our little house here (if the
                                              > >> “them”
                                              > >> in question is a fair-minded, kind, considerate ally) seems to
                                              > >> vindicate
                                              > >> the anti-gay straight community’s argument that we should keep quiet
                                              > >> and
                                              > >> not “act gay” around them.
                                              > >> I don’t mean to be argumentative and I hope that my posts aren’t taken
                                              > >> as
                                              > >> such. I think a mature debate on this issue may be necessary though
                                              > >> since
                                              > >> it has been revealed there are straight women on this list. For the
                                              > >> record,
                                              > >> the posts are public as well and appear in search engines routinely.
                                              > >> Thanks
                                              > >> Tilly

                                            • Jane S.
                                              Message 22 of 25 , Feb 9, 2012
                                                i think that a straight woman who would join a group called 'lesbian coffee house'
                                                is probably questioning her sexuality at least a tiny bit, which would make her 'curious'.

                                                that straight woman was ME over a year ago before i even admitted to myself that i was bisexual.

                                                i don't think it's right to exclude people who are probably in experiencing confusing emotions and

                                                who need a place where they can get friendship, support and information. for some of us, it takes
                                                a longer time to 'come out'. we have families, husbands, children. it's complicated it's scary.

                                                if this were a 'real' coffee house and a straight woman walked in, would the owner kick her out
                                                and not let her sit down for a cup of coffee and a chat with friends ?

                                                jane

                                                ________________________________

                                                Tammy, i think you are getting yourself worked up for nothing...just because
                                                someone mentioned there are straight women in this group doesn't actually
                                                mean that there are but if there are a few why would they joing a lesbian
                                                group if they wern't curious?

                                                > To: LesbianCoffeeHouse@yahoogroups.com
                                                > From: shelonewolf@...
                                                > Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 19:31:54 -0500
                                                > Subject: Re: [LesbianCoffeeHouse] (unknown)
                                                >
                                                > it would be nice if the owner would tell us which it is
                                                > Tammy
                                                > shelonewolf
                                                >

                                                > On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 7:31 PM, Tammy <shelonewolf@...> wrote:
                                                >
                                                > > why debate it it is either a lesbian group or it is not if it is not I
                                                > > wont be happy here ..
                                                > > Tammy
                                                > > shelonewolf
                                                > >

                                                > > On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 7:19 PM, T. Webster <news.tweb@...> wrote:
                                                > >
                                                > >> **
                                                > >>

                                                > >> I’m not saying that anyone is right or wrong, as we are discussing
                                                > >> opinions here. There is no “wrong” answer. However, the segregation
                                                > >> aspect
                                                > >> kind of freaks me out a little. Aren’t we, the GLBTQ community as a
                                                > >> whole,
                                                > >> in the midst of a battle to gain our rights and our freedoms? Aren’t
                                                > >> we, as
                                                > >> women, lesbians, bi-sexual women and mothers, espousing continually
                                                > >> that we
                                                > >> are no different from any other woman; that who we choose to love is
                                                > >> not as
                                                > >> important as the love itself? I would not join a “coffee house” that
                                                > >> was
                                                > >> exclusively straight because of homophobia and a lack of understanding,
                                                > >> however to not invite “them” to join our little house here (if the
                                                > >> “them”
                                                > >> in question is a fair-minded, kind, considerate ally) seems to
                                                > >> vindicate
                                                > >> the anti-gay straight community’s argument that we should keep quiet
                                                > >> and
                                                > >> not “act gay” around them.
                                                > >> I don’t mean to be argumentative and I hope that my posts aren’t taken
                                                > >> as
                                                > >> such. I think a mature debate on this issue may be necessary though
                                                > >> since
                                                > >> it has been revealed there are straight women on this list. For the
                                                > >> record,
                                                > >> the posts are public as well and appear in search engines routinely.
                                                > >> Thanks
                                                > >> Tilly

                                              • Darlene Louie
                                                Message 23 of 25 , Feb 11, 2012
                                                  When I joined I considered myself "straight" but confused by feelings I was having for a female.  Since I've been here I've realized that I am indeed bisexual.  This could be the case for some, could be they want to understand better.

                                                  Darlene

                                                  ________________________________
                                                  I guess a person who thought they were straight but are curious might join
                                                  but I would assume they were really bi just dont know it yet ..but I have
                                                  no idea why straights would join a lesbian group other wise plenty of
                                                  groups for straight women out there ..I support straight women but I would
                                                  not join a straight group for that reason ..
                                                  Tammy
                                                  shelonewolf

                                                  On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 6:21 PM, margo mackenzie <mailto:marg.om%40hotmail.com> wrote:

                                                  > **
                                                  >

                                                  > I think "curious" would be the reason a straight woman would have an
                                                  > interest in our coffee house. I've read several articles over the years
                                                  > that suggested a lot of so called straight women have had sexual fantasies
                                                  > or perhaps an infatuation with other women sometime during their
                                                  > life...usually in their younger (formative) years. I can see no other
                                                  > reason for a straight woman to join our coffee house if she wasn't curious.
                                                  > Margo

                                                • Darlene Louie
                                                  Message 24 of 25 , Feb 11, 2012
                                                    I personally didn't see anything wrong with what anyone said.  Part of the appeal of this group is the fact that we can have healthy discussions.

                                                    Darlene

                                                    ________________________________

                                                    Tammy, i think you are getting yourself worked up for nothing...just because
                                                    someone mentioned there are straight women in this group doesn't actually
                                                    mean that there are but if there are a few why would they joing a lesbian
                                                    group if they wern't curious?

                                                    > To: LesbianCoffeeHouse@yahoogroups.com
                                                    > From: shelonewolf@...
                                                    > Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 19:31:54 -0500
                                                    > Subject: Re: [LesbianCoffeeHouse] (unknown)
                                                    >
                                                    > it would be nice if the owner would tell us which it is
                                                    > Tammy
                                                    > shelonewolf
                                                    >

                                                    > On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 7:31 PM, Tammy <shelonewolf@...> wrote:
                                                    >
                                                    > > why debate it it is either a lesbian group or it is not if it is not I
                                                    > > wont be happy here ..
                                                    > > Tammy
                                                    > > shelonewolf
                                                    > >

                                                    > > On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 7:19 PM, T. Webster <news.tweb@...> wrote:
                                                    > >
                                                    > >> **
                                                    > >>

                                                    > >> I’m not saying that anyone is right or wrong, as we are discussing
                                                    > >> opinions here. There is no “wrong” answer. However, the segregation
                                                    > >> aspect
                                                    > >> kind of freaks me out a little. Aren’t we, the GLBTQ community as a
                                                    > >> whole,
                                                    > >> in the midst of a battle to gain our rights and our freedoms? Aren’t
                                                    > >> we, as
                                                    > >> women, lesbians, bi-sexual women and mothers, espousing continually
                                                    > >> that we
                                                    > >> are no different from any other woman; that who we choose to love is
                                                    > >> not as
                                                    > >> important as the love itself? I would not join a “coffee house” that
                                                    > >> was
                                                    > >> exclusively straight because of homophobia and a lack of understanding,
                                                    > >> however to not invite “them” to join our little house here (if the
                                                    > >> “them”
                                                    > >> in question is a fair-minded, kind, considerate ally) seems to
                                                    > >> vindicate
                                                    > >> the anti-gay straight community’s argument that we should keep quiet
                                                    > >> and
                                                    > >> not “act gay” around them.
                                                    > >> I don’t mean to be argumentative and I hope that my posts aren’t taken
                                                    > >> as
                                                    > >> such. I think a mature debate on this issue may be necessary though
                                                    > >> since
                                                    > >> it has been revealed there are straight women on this list. For the
                                                    > >> record,
                                                    > >> the posts are public as well and appear in search engines routinely.
                                                    > >> Thanks
                                                    > >> Tilly

                                                  • Cheryl Baker

                                                      Tammy, i think you are getting yourself worked up for nothing...just
                                                      because
                                                      someone mentioned there are straight women in this group doesn't
                                                      actually
                                                      mean that there are but if there are a few why would they joing a
                                                      lesbian
                                                      group if they wern't curious?

                                                      > To: LesbianCoffeeHouse@yahoogroups.com
                                                      > From: shelonewolf@...
                                                      > Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 19:31:54 -0500
                                                      > Subject: Re: [LesbianCoffeeHouse] (unknown)
                                                      >
                                                      > it would be nice if the owner would tell us which it is
                                                      > Tammy
                                                      > shelonewolf
                                                      >

                                                      > On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 7:31 PM, Tammy <shelonewolf@...> wrote:
                                                      >
                                                      > > why debate it it is either a lesbian group or it is not if it is
                                                      not I
                                                      > > wont be happy here ..
                                                      > > Tammy
                                                      > > shelonewolf
                                                      > >

                                                      > > On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 7:19 PM, T. Webster <news.tweb@...>
                                                      wrote:

                                                      > >> **
                                                      > >>

                                                      > >> I’m not saying that anyone is right or wrong, as we are discussing
                                                      > >> opinions here. There is no “wrong” answer. However, the
                                                      segregation
                                                      > >> aspect
                                                      > >> kind of freaks me out a little. Aren’t we, the GLBTQ community as
                                                      > >> whole,
                                                      > >> in the midst of a battle to gain our rights and our freedoms?
                                                      Aren’t
                                                      > >> we, as
                                                      > >> women, lesbians, bi-sexual women and mothers, espousing
                                                      continually
                                                      > >> that we
                                                      > >> are no different from any other woman; that who we choose to love
                                                      is
                                                      > >> not as
                                                      > >> important as the love itself? I would not join a “coffee house”
                                                      that
                                                      > >> was
                                                      > >> exclusively straight because of homophobia and a lack of
                                                      understanding,
                                                      > >> however to not invite “them” to join our little house here (if the
                                                      > >> “them”
                                                      > >> in question is a fair-minded, kind, considerate ally) seems to
                                                      > >> vindicate
                                                      > >> the anti-gay straight community’s argument that we should keep
                                                      quiet
                                                      > >> and
                                                      > >> not “act gay” around them.
                                                      > >> I don’t mean to be argumentative and I hope that my posts aren’t
                                                      taken
                                                      > >> as
                                                      > >> such. I think a mature debate on this issue may be necessary
                                                      though
                                                      > >> since
                                                      > >> it has been revealed there are straight women on this list. For
                                                      the
                                                      > >> record,
                                                      > >> the posts are public as well and appear in search engines
                                                      routinely.
                                                      > >> Thanks
                                                      > >> Tilly

                                                      Quite right Jane. I agree with you wholeheartedly. well said.
                                                      Cheryl