Re: Today...

  • holeypairofjeans
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 31, 2011
      I'm so sorry. Did you see it coming? Hoping everything will work out for you.

      --- In LesbianCoffeeHouse@yahoogroups.com, "Bethany Davis" <ellis@...> wrote:

      > As of 5:00 today, I am unemployed.
      >
      > ~Bethany

      > "When she lowers her eyes she seems to hold all the beauty in theworld between her eyelids; when she raises them I see only myself in her gaze."
      >
      > http://countessellis.livejournal.com
      > http://www.facebook.com/countessellis
      > http://www.twitter.com/countessellis

    • Bethany Davis
      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 1, 2011
        Yes and no. I've wanted a new job for three years (I've been working there
        six), but I left involuntarily. They fired me. They said failure to meet
        expectations, but wouldn't say anything more.

        ~Bethany

        On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 11:50 PM, <cymbalom@...> wrote:

        > Is that a good thing? --- Angie
        >
        > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      • Darlene Louie
        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 1, 2011
          Congrats or I'm sorry?  Hope it wasn't something unexpected.
           Darlene

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 20 , Feb 1, 2011
            That's to bad Bethany.  In Indiana they don't have to say anything more which
            can suck for some.  Anyway, I hope you find something else quickly.
             Darlene

            ________________________________

          • debbieposton@gmail.com
            Message 5 of 20 , Feb 1, 2011
              I quest it would be on how you look at it.

              debbie

              Message 6 of 20 , Feb 1, 2011
                I have been out sick since Nov 14. Now on Feb 6 they can hire someone to
                fill my position. I filed for an extended leave but in two weeks they can
                let me go also. Oh well.
                Chris

                Message 7 of 20 , Feb 1, 2011
                  Wyomng is an "at will" state, so they can fire for any reason and the
                  employee can leave for any reason, without notice. So, yeah, not much I
                  could do about it if I wanted to.

                  Message 8 of 20 , Feb 1, 2011
                    Shoot, that sucks!

                    Message 9 of 20 , Feb 1, 2011
                      Thank you. Yeah, I'm most just thinking of this as the end of a chapter in
                      my life. I've been wanting a change anyway. Not the way I would have chose
                      for it to happen, but oh well. I get a certain perverse pleasure knowing
                      how much I was the only one who knew how to do... lol

                      Message 10 of 20 , Feb 1, 2011
                        That stinks......what about FMLA?
                         Darlene

                        ________________________________
                        wrote:
                        > I quest it would be on how you look at it.
                        >
                        > debbie

                      • Aysha D
                        Message 11 of 20 , Feb 1, 2011
                          Chris I  am so sorry. I hope you find something good. Good luck

                          ________________________________

                          Message 12 of 20 , Feb 1, 2011
                            bethany the best of luck on finding something else. I hope you find somethig
                            better

                            ________________________________
                            Yes and no.  I've wanted a new job for three years (I've been working there
                            six), but I left involuntarily.  They fired me.  They said failure to meet
                            expectations, but wouldn't say anything more.

                            ~Bethany

                            On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 11:50 PM, <cymbalom@...> wrote:

                            > Is that a good thing? --- Angie
                            >
                            > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                          • Tilly Webster
                            Message 13 of 20 , Feb 1, 2011
                              Wow, Bethany,

                              That just sux! :( Sending you great gobs of white light :)

                              Hugs,
                              Tilly
                              The Zen Shoppe
                              Extraordinary People Working for Extraordinary People, Like You
                              http://www.thezenshoppe.com

                            • bearr@windstream.net
                              Message 14 of 20 , Feb 1, 2011
                                Chris, I didn’t know that. Given the givens, it seems particularly unfair... as if that would make any difference. Hope things work out!

                                Bear

                                I have been out sick since Nov 14. Now on Feb 6 they can hire someone to
                                fill my position. I filed for an extended leave but in two weeks they can
                                let me go also. Oh well.
                                Chris

                                Message 15 of 20 , Feb 1, 2011
                                  No matter what the circumstances, it’s always unsettling. Hope you find what you’re seeking. Quickly, too!

                                  Bear

                                  Message 16 of 20 , Feb 1, 2011
                                    Well one way or the other it will all work out. How are you?

                                  • Tilly Webster
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Feb 3, 2011
                                      Utah is an at-will state, too. They can let you go for no reason, but my old boss was just cruel enough to let me know it was because I was gay. And, with no protection in this state, there wasn't a darn thing I could do.

                                      Hugs,
                                      Tilly

                                    • Darlene Louie
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Feb 3, 2011
                                        Indiana is an at will state as well but protected classes have a bit more
                                        leverage.  There are just some reasons they can't let you go and sexual
                                        orientation is one of them.
                                         Darlene