Re: Wifes best friend cant stand me..

  • T.S.
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 1, 2010
      I hate to say this but....I had an ex...even after her and her best friend broke up they text'd many times a day phone calls emails etc...and I was told...She will always be in my life one way or ANOTHER.....I wanted her to step back told her the ex still had a thing for her and as long as they communicated daily she would always interfere.
      Sure enough..they are together now. Not because of love or anything else...gold digging...and my ex used her ex's mother's illness/death to come into some hefty money.
      You should be the most important person in her life...if she is mad at you its because she is mad she got caught/trust/and questions on how to proceed.
      Cheating takes many forms....20 times is not hardly. Its not about winning or losing..its about communication...the good the bad and even the ugly. Without it no relationship can grow and thrive or survive.
      So it might be a little uncomfortable now.....but air it all out otherwise this little storm cloud will turn into a hurricane fast.

      --- In LesbianCoffeeHouse@yahoogroups.com, "Ann" <custom0319@...> wrote:

      > The phone bill is a family plan.. And the bill is under my name.. I still
      > feel bad looking at her part, but after we talked last night, and it was a
      > very heated argument, she said she barely talks to this women, yet the bill
      > shows they have texted and called each other more than twenty times in one
      > month. So what does that tell me? I didn't tell her, I know she lied, that I
      > looked at the phone bill..
      > So now this morning were barely talking, its very uncomfortable, the wife
      > told me, even though her friend hates me, event though she has never met me,
      > she would always be friends with her, and talk with her... They just wouldn
      > t have the same type of friendship.. Well in my eyes, the friend still wins,
      > I'm sure if she begs her enough, she could get the wife to come and visit,
      > that's just my opinion, hopefully I'm wrong... But maybe I should just be
      > greatful there just talking on the phone... I don't know, I'm working on
      > two hours of sleep.
      >
      > Ann

    • Aysha D
      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 14, 2010
        right on bear

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 23 , Dec 16, 2010
          Underlying all this is the bottom line: write it on the wall. Write it on the wall in the plainest of plain English. In giant letters. In bright red. Or better yet, neon. No, not literally. What I mean is, DO NOT assume your partner knows what you mean. Despite her best efforts, she may not. That’s where distance starts, and distance is what you want to avoid. Make every effort to get past your own hurdles and say exactly what you mean. If she’s doing the talking, then close off the responses you’re formulating in your head and listen. Concentrate on every word. If you aren’t sure what she means, ask her. Keep this up until you’ve both got it written on the wall and each of you understands precisely what your partner wrote there. Syllable by syllable. Word by word. No if’s, and’s or assumptions. Sometimes this is harder than hell. But it’s essential. You’ll be amazed at how much you learn about one another, and how helpful it is.

          Bear

          Message 4 of 23 , Dec 17, 2010
            I did speak to my wife about my concerns, and she said she doesn't want to
            jeopardize our marriage with this "friend". I explained to the wife, I don't
            have a problem with her talking to her, just to be weary, and not fall into
            her trap. The friend already told her she could manipulate her if she wanted
            to, that she had no reason to meet me, etc. My wife has a big heart, and I
            hate to see her get hurt, but were okay for now.. I know the "friend" is
            going to do something else, but I'll cross that bridge when it comes. For
            now I'm enjoying the holidays with my new family. So thanks to all who gave
            me such good advice, this group is a godsend....

            Ann