Re: [LesbianCoffeeHouse] Hello ladies

  • Candi Barnard
    Message 1 of 63 , Sep 1, 2010
      yes thank you

      ________________________________
      From: Vee Writer <sophisticate55@...>
      To: LesbianCoffeeHouse@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tue, August 31, 2010 9:53:36 PM
      Subject: Re: [LesbianCoffeeHouse] Hello ladies

      I suppose I would need to know what kind of lesbian books you like. I could tell
      you some classics like, "Patience and Sarah", or "The Well of Loneliness", and
      then there are the books by well known author Rita Mae Brown. Is that what you
      want?

      Theme for 2010, on living alone for the first time at the age of 55.
      "I don't know who I am; I don't know what I am; I am therefore, self-defined."

      Message 63 of 63 , Sep 6, 2010
        Melissa,

        I really like Dorothy Allison. I've read a few collections of her short
        stories and two of her more mainstream novels. Not sure what genre you
        prefer, my taste is eclectic, though I have a penchant for Southern
        literature, but most of her work is autobiographical....even the fiction.
        Well worth reading...She's a born story teller. You can go to Amazon and do
        a search. It'll give you an idea of what she writes, reader reviews,
        etc...But you probably already know that about Amazon. LoL

        Michelle