Re: [LesbianCoffeeHouse] At the end of my rope, but is it me?

  • Sally Smith
    Message 1 of 28 , Mar 29, 2010
      Hi

      I agree. I wouldnt go to the party. I wouldnt see her again unless she invites you for some one on one activity time like a coffee for the 2 of you. If she invites you to a group thing make an excuse., Shes only using you to make herself feel better at your expense. This is different from respecting you and valuing your friendship and company. Go find some new friends that like and respect you for who you are. The behaviour she demonstrates is that she feels superior in some way to you and that you can hang around if you want to and put up with whatever she dishes out or not. I suspect she really doesnt care one way or the other.

      Its like a bad cd, press the button, eject the disk and throw it out the window.
      Sally

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 28 , Mar 30, 2010
        dump her. If she really cared about you, and/or had any respect and trully loved you then she would treat you so much better and not treat you like a doormat and walk all over you...... there are nicer & loving, respectful women out there......

        ________________________________
          I would just go on with my plans and don't bother trying to talk about
        it. People like that will never see that they are at    fault. Go have a
        good time with your family.
        Chris

        > Hi All
        > I have a girlfriend we have been butting heads lately. She has invited me
        > to a few get togethers, but most of the time I make an excuse not to go. The
        > last time I went to one of her relatives house, and after 30 minutes of them
        > talking non stop, and not including me in the conversation, and her back to
        > me, I said I had to leave. Later I was told the relative said "what's wrong
        > with your friend?" I told the gf I felt she should have included me in the
        > conversation. Maybe I am over sensitive, she told me I should have just
        > chimed in. Then on another occasion she invited me to her home, which is 45
        > minutes from where I live, the whole time I was there, she was on the phone,
        > or ignoring me. When I tell her this she said its her home and she should be
        > able to talk on the phone if she likes. Now I never say anything when it
        > happens, I wait till days later and tell her, but I told her the next time I
        > feel uncomfortable, or feel like she is being rude I am going to tell her
        > right there. Now she knows we had plans to go away this weekend, now she
        > tells me her daughters birthday is this weekend, and she is having a get
        > together for her. She first said she would come home with me, now she says
        > she can't because the next day is Easter and she has to take her little boy
        > to church. I am scared to walk in the dark alone where she is, she lives in
        > the projects, and I would have to park my car at least a half a mile away
        > from her apartment. Then I am also concerned if I am ignored by her, or what
        > ever I will say something, and ruin her daughters party. Should I go, is it
        > me just jumping the gun? I dont want to be walked on anymore, even her
        > daughter once told me I was a ragdoll, because I let her mom walk all over
        > me. She just has never seen me speak to her mom in anger. So what do you all
        > think I should do?
        > Ann

      • Vanessa Rose
        Message 3 of 28 , Apr 1, 2010
          Good Morning,
          It is almost time to go enjoy the day on the mountain top over looking a part of Dollywood while cleaning cabins.
          This week I work 6 days.
          Must say, I am so thankful to have a job~especially one with such a beautiful enviroment.
          This morning I wanted to wish everyone a happy day.
          Love Joy

        • Ann
          Message 4 of 28 , Apr 1, 2010
            Its not I don't need a woman without kids, I love kids, I have run a daycare for more than 20 years. Its that this is one mother where the kid is running the show, plus he has ADHD which she wont get treated.

          • Ann
            Message 5 of 28 , Apr 1, 2010
              Your right Michelle, the ship has sunk last night. Another fight, I am just
              too tired for this constant fighting. We are both very different people. I
              thought opposites attract, but I guess they don't in some cases.
              I'm going to allow myself time to mourn, what I thought was my happy ending,
              and move on..
              Thanks for all the support.

              Ann

            • thatgoodgirl
              Message 6 of 28 , Apr 1, 2010
                I'm really sorry. It's tough, breaking up with someone you care about. Even
                when the relationship is a bad one, it's still unbelievably painful to end
                things. I don't think you would have ever gotten your happy ending, even if
                you two continued on together. Not that it makes it any easier, or less
                dissappointing. Don't give up hope. There is a special someone out there who
                is just for you.

                Hugs,

                Michelle

                On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 1:15 PM, Ann <custom0319@...> wrote:

                > Your right Michelle, the ship has sunk last night. Another fight, I am just
                > too tired for this constant fighting. We are both very different people. I
                > thought opposites attract, but I guess they don't in some cases.
                > I'm going to allow myself time to mourn, what I thought was my happy
                > ending,
                > and move on..
                > Thanks for all the support.
                >
                > Ann

              • Carol Ann
                Message 7 of 28 , Apr 2, 2010
                  You have a good day Joy. Have you ever visited Dollywood? I would love to visit it.
                  God Bless,
                  Carol Ann

                  http://www.myspace.com/missdivalove

                  t is almost time to go enjoy the day on the mountain top over looking a part of
                  ollywood while cleaning cabins.
                  his week I work 6 days.
                  ust say, I am so thankful to have a job~especially one with such a beautiful
                  nviroment.
                  his morning I wanted to wish everyone a happy day.
                  ove Joy

                • Brandy
                  Message 8 of 28 , Apr 3, 2010
                    we got back together!
                    ~Brandy

                  • Leilani McKinney
                    Message 9 of 28 , Apr 3, 2010
                      Congrats i wish you lots of happiness and joy.

                      ----------

                      Message 10 of 28 , Apr 3, 2010
                        Hello Ann: Good idea to allow yourself to mourn, myself I would leave one relationship and never grief and jump into another relationship this time I've taken 4 years and am in no hurry really to find anyone  kinda feels nice you only have to answer to yourself debbie

                        ________________________________

                        Message 11 of 28 , Apr 3, 2010
                          Ann My son was a handful very hyper and many a relationship couldn't handle him but he was on medication debbie

                          ________________________________
                          Message 12 of 28 , Apr 3, 2010
                            Great advice from Debbie! I used to do the same thing. Jump right into
                            another relationship, and it usually wasn't any healthier than the one I got
                            out of. I hope you're doing okay, Ann. Keep us updated.
                            Michelle

                            On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 6:10 PM, Debbie Bentley <gardenluver13@...>wrote:

                            > Hello Ann: Good idea to allow yourself to mourn, myself I would leave one
                            > relationship and never grief and jump into another relationship this time
                            > I've taken 4 years and am in no hurry really to find anyone kinda feels
                            > nice you only have to answer to yourself debbie
                            >
                            > ________________________________

                          • mary ann pressley
                            Message 13 of 28 , Apr 4, 2010
                              This weekend was rough, still have to get thru Sunday. I'm leaving the
                              hotel in a few minutes and will go home and clean up outside, and go catch a
                              movie. She hasnt called me in four days, and a part of me is glad.
                              I still miss her voice, but I guess in time it will get better. I don't know
                              why so many people are scared to put their kids on meds if it will help them
                              Maybe the stigma of it. I guess for her, her son will pay the ultimate
                              price, because shes always yelling and hitting him, and I know half the
                              stuff he does is because of the ADHD. You all have a great Easter, and
                              thanks for responding back to me.

                              And also congrads Brandy, I'm very happy for you.

                              Ann

                            • Tammy
                              Message 14 of 28 , Apr 4, 2010
                                just wanted to put alittle input on ADD and ADD LD HD etc. I had one son with all three and other son with just ADD. It did interferre with any relationship. It is hard, very hard with kids with this disorder. To make a long story short, both boys didnt graduate, i didnt medicate them, one is in the Army National guard and is 23 and the other is making l00,000 a year. No meds just had to learn that there careers had to be physical work and not mental. It was hard raising them. But i think it takes a very special person to be in a relationship with children with this disorder. If you cant stand back and be a watcher it probably wont work. I didnt like anyone telling me what to do or not what to do. I made it thru it though lol

                                Message 15 of 28 , Apr 5, 2010
                                  hi i am cindy i am sortta a lurker in this group I am not on line 2 much, bward to our first dateut i agree with you all. we need time to mourn and then move on. I waited 6 months and i was not looking for anyone we just found each other and bcame friends and now we are looking forward to our first offical date when she comes back from visiting her family. we talk all the time and text each other constantly.. I hope we can make it work as a couple i adore everything about her.. she can and dose tell it like it is.. and I like that in a partner...
                                  cindy

                                  Great advice from Debbie! I used to do the same thing. Jump right into
                                  another relationship, and it usually wasn't any healthier than the one I got
                                  out of. I hope you're doing okay, Ann. Keep us updated.
                                  Michelle

                                  On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 6:10 PM, Debbie Bentley <gardenluver13@...>wrote:

                                  > Hello Ann: Good idea to allow yourself to mourn, myself I would leave one
                                  > relationship and never grief and jump into another relationship this time
                                  > I've taken 4 years and am in no hurry really to find anyone  kinda feels
                                  > nice you only have to answer to yourself debbie
                                  >
                                  > ________________________________

                                • cindy bruce
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Apr 5, 2010
                                    tammy i diffantly agree with you. once my exes found out my midd;e son has. add adhd od agd bipolor they ran like i had the pleg or something even worse.... so form the start I would go right the my middle son and say he has lot of medical problems and is on meds and he has good days and bad days now if u dont think u can handle it let me know from the get go.. my youngest is 7 and she dont need to get confusd about whom mommy is dating. its best to get it out of the way on the first few dates and then se what happens.... right now my son is in a boys home I just coud not handle him after his father passed away.... he just went loco on my house and tore the hell out of some things. he had to go. I thought he might harm his sister with one of his out bursts and that was something I could not live with if he hurt her...... but i still told my new girlfriend all about my 3 kids 2step daughter and my 2stepgrandbabbies.. i am an open and honest person. Ask me
                                    anthing and u will get the truth from me.

                                    Message 17 of 28 , Apr 12, 2010
                                      Hi

                                      I agree. I wouldn't go to the party. I wouldn't see her again unless she
                                      invites you for some one on one activity time like a coffee for the 2 of you
                                      If she invites you to a group thing make an excuse., Shes only using you to
                                      make herself feel better at your expense. This is different from respecting
                                      you and valuing your friendship and company. Go find some new friends that
                                      like and respect you for who you are. The behaviour she demonstrates is that
                                      she feels superior in some way to you and that you can hang around if you
                                      want to and put up with whatever she dishes out or not. I suspect she really
                                      doesn't care one way or the other.

                                      Its like a bad cd, press the button, eject the disk and throw it out the
                                      window.
                                      Sally

                                      Thanks Sally and all others for the advice. I have been getting out more,
                                      joined a lesbian walking club, and have been keeping active. Our last
                                      conversation with her, she told me I was bipolar, because I yell at her when
                                      we argue. I said that doesn't make someone bipolar, I said you frustrate me
                                      because you don't hear me. She then told me I was controlling because I told
                                      her it was rude to stay on her phone 80% of the time when we are together. I
                                      can see if it was an emergency, but to just be talking like that when were
                                      together is rude. She said she pays her phone bill and she can do what ever
                                      she wants. Its just too much, and I have spoken to people about this
                                      situation, and they all believe its a lost cause. I know there are good
                                      females out there who would respect me, and I them.
                                      Ann