Re: [LesbianCoffeeHouse] my lover and my fears

  • bradfords67@yahoo.co.uk
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2009
      Try not to be so paranoid. You will have to handle your fears until she shows you she will not stray away from you. As you said massage is her profession, being that she doesn't even think of people in a sexual way! That is like saying my medical doctor thinks of me in a sexual way! LOL! Try and get a grip on your fears.

      Welcome to all the new ladies!

      Scottish Sheila
      ------------------

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1, 2009
        I understand where you are coming from in the sense that you are thinking of massage as an intimate action. But quite honestly, massage therapy is not in the least bit like that. It is mostly health related. I don't know if I can give you much ease of mind, I am not actually a massage therapist as of yet, but I am going studying it presently, and I have not run into any situation where I have felt sexually stimulated in recieving or giving massages with my fellow classmates. It's just really not like that, it's a job. The thought never crosses my mind like you think it would. I mean...take your job for instance, whatever it may be, how many people do you see that you think are really attractive? Not many, right? I mean, they are just people you see, just customers, clients, whatever. It's the same in massage therapy, it's rare that you are going to have someone come in who you find really attractive like that..people come through, they are just customers, clients. It's not really like...ooo she's hot, can't wait to see her with her clothes off or anything. I don't know your partner, but if she's never done something to prove untrustworthy then I'd say you are 100 percent ok. No worries. But you should tell her your worries, she may be able to give you more insight and ease your mind.

        --- In LesbianCoffeeHouse@yahoogroups.com, "babykeke89@..." <babykeke89@...> wrote:

        > hello everyone, me and my lover have been together for some time now and we have moved to indianapolis. My soon to be wife is a massage therapist and has found a great paying job. I knew that this was her profession before we got together, but she was not working in that field. I have had trust issues in the past from getting my heat broken by guys. And i am scared that this will happen by her being in that type of profession. What am I to do? This is the person that i want to spend the rest of my life with, but i don't want her to become attracted to the people that she massages, can anyone offer any advice please?

      • Jennifer Phillips
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 1, 2009
          thank you so much for your insight, it really eased my mind, because i was very scared about the whole situation. i wish you luck in you field of study!

          ________________________________
          I understand where you are coming from in the sense that you are thinking of massage as an intimate action. But quite honestly, massage therapy is not in the least bit like that. It is mostly health related. I don't know if I can give you much ease of mind, I am not actually a massage therapist as of yet, but I am going studying it presently, and I have not run into any situation where I have felt sexually stimulated in recieving or giving massages with my fellow classmates. It's just really not like that, it's a job. The thought never crosses my mind like you think it would. I mean...take your job for instance, whatever it may be, how many people do you see that you think are really attractive? Not many, right? I mean, they are just people you see, just customers, clients, whatever. It's the same in massage therapy, it's rare that you are going to have someone come in who you find really attractive like that..people come through, they are just
          customers, clients. It's not really like...ooo she's hot, can't wait to see her with her clothes off or anything. I don't know your partner, but if she's never done something to prove untrustworthy then I'd say you are 100 percent ok. No worries. But you should tell her your worries, she may be able to give you more insight and ease your mind.

          --- In LesbianCoffeeHouse@ yahoogroups. com, "babykeke89@ ..." <babykeke89@ ...> wrote:

          > hello everyone, me and my lover have been together for some time now and we have moved to indianapolis. My soon to be wife is a massage therapist and has found a great paying job. I knew that this was her profession before we got together, but she was not working in that field. I have had trust issues in the past from getting my heat broken by guys. And i am scared that this will happen by her being in that type of profession. What am I to do? This is the person that i want to spend the rest of my life with, but i don't want her to become attracted to the people that she massages, can anyone offer any advice please?

        • Paula
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 1, 2009
            I don't know.................I've had some pretty good looking mesuses in the past.....I know it's not a sexual thing................I'm just not at ease around men.  There ARE lesbians like that I'm just saying.  I'm surely not the only one.  Some of us are called man haters.  But usually it's a guy who says that.  Men are okay, just not in my little world is all.

            paula

            "Woman can not discover new oceans unless she has the courage to lose sight of land"

            I understand where you are coming from in the sense that you are thinking of massage as an intimate action. But quite honestly, massage therapy is not in the least bit like that. It is mostly health related. I don't know if I can give you much ease of mind, I am not actually a massage therapist as of yet, but I am going studying it presently, and I have not run into any situation where I have felt sexually stimulated in recieving or giving massages with my fellow classmates. It's just really not like that, it's a job. The thought never crosses my mind like you think it would. I mean...take your job for instance, whatever it may be, how many people do you see that you think are really attractive? Not many, right? I mean, they are just people you see, just customers, clients, whatever. It's the same in massage therapy, it's rare that you are going to have someone come in who you find really attractive like that..people come through, they are just
            customers, clients. It's not really like...ooo she's hot, can't wait to see her with her clothes off or anything. I don't know your partner, but if she's never done something to prove untrustworthy then I'd say you are 100 percent ok. No worries. But you should tell her your worries, she may be able to give you more insight and ease your mind.

            --- In LesbianCoffeeHouse@yahoogroups.com, "babykeke89@..." <babykeke89@...> wrote:

            > hello everyone, me and my lover have been together for some time now and we have moved to indianapolis. My soon to be wife is a massage therapist and has found a great paying job. I knew that this was her profession before we got together, but she was not working in that field. I have had trust issues in the past from getting my heat broken by guys. And i am scared that this will happen by her being in that type of profession. What am I to do? This is the person that i want to spend the rest of my life with, but i don't want her to become attracted to the people that she massages, can anyone offer any advice please?

          • kinddyke57
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 2, 2009
              I think chasing rainbows was accurate in her post~  may I add that most ppl in any sort of health care field are in a position of ethics and respect of the customer and do not getinvolved w a client or allow a client to get involved w them~ can be a basis of a loss of credentials or liscense if that were to happen.
              again i back up what was said in the prev post,  I have worked in a medical field off and on for many years and  clients/ patients are seen as  just that. It is work.
              do you have any idea where the "fear" is coming from, maybe your past in some way or the news or something re a person getting involved w a client?  or maybe just own insecurities? (we all have them to some degree i think). I remember you saying she had never done anything for you to distrust her~  maybe just time also and you seeing that you both are safe in your relationship~~ thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings, i hope maybe something in some small way has helped~~ KD

              " I want to rock your emotions~ make you feel deeply`make you wish~make you think~make you relate~make you nastalgic~make you wishful~ make you sentimental~"       kinddyke57

              I don't know.................I've had some pretty good looking mesuses in the past.....I know it's not a sexual thing................I'm just not at ease around men.  There ARE lesbians like that I'm just saying.  I'm surely not the only one.  Some of us are called man haters.  But usually it's a guy who says that.  Men are okay, just not in my little world is all.

              paula

              "Woman can not discover new oceans unless she has the courage to lose sight of land"

              I understand where you are coming from in the sense that you are thinking of massage as an intimate action. But quite honestly, massage therapy is not in the least bit like that. It is mostly health related. I don't know if I can give you much ease of mind, I am not actually a massage therapist as of yet, but I am going studying it presently, and I have not run into any situation where I have felt sexually stimulated in recieving or giving massages with my fellow classmates. It's just really not like that, it's a job. The thought never crosses my mind like you think it would. I mean...take your job for instance, whatever it may be, how many people do you see that you think are really attractive? Not many, right? I mean, they are just people you see, just customers, clients, whatever. It's the same in massage therapy, it's rare that you are going to have someone come in who you find really attractive like that..people come through, they are just
              customers, clients. It's not really like...ooo she's hot, can't wait to see her with her clothes off or anything. I don't know your partner, but if she's never done something to prove untrustworthy then I'd say you are 100 percent ok. No worries. But you should tell her your worries, she may be able to give you more insight and ease your mind.

              --- In LesbianCoffeeHouse@yahoogroups.com, "babykeke89@..." <babykeke89@...> wrote:

              > hello everyone, me and my lover have been together for some time now and we have moved to indianapolis. My soon to be wife is a massage therapist and has found a great paying job. I knew that this was her profession before we got together, but she was not working in that field. I have had trust issues in the past from getting my heat broken by guys. And i am scared that this will happen by her being in that type of profession. What am I to do? This is the person that i want to spend the rest of my life with, but i don't want her to become attracted to the people that she massages, can anyone offer any advice please?

            • littleone
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 2, 2009
                I agree, don't judge her on "your past experiences with others"!  Each person has their own "honor" to up hold and so far (at least not mentioned) she's done nothing to disrespect you or her honor.  This is her job...and what if it wasn't this type of profession we all come in contact with attractive people that doesn't mean we "jump" in and try to make a move on them or even consider it.  How often do you come in contact with attractive women?  When you do do you "try something"...most likely not.   Not everyone is a cheater!  But if it weighs on your mind you should talk to her about it, COMMUNICATION is the key to everything.

                I am too Blessed to be Stressed and too Anointed to be Disappointed!
                Susan