For anyone who likes a good protest in the nice weather - today for Bradley Manning

  • Bruce Majors
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2013
      JOIN OUR DAY OF ACCOUNTABILITY - defend whistleblowing and speak truth to power!

      After three years of confinement, Army whistleblower and peace prize winner Bradley Manning’s trial is drawing to a close. Join us at the last action of Bradley's trial on July 26 from 3-5:30pm at Ft. McNair (4th and P st SW, near the Waterfront metro) outside the office of Major General Jeffrey Buchanan, the Convening Authority overseeing Bradley Manning’s trial.

      General Buchanan can reduce any sentence resulting from a conviction. While he reigns over Bradley's destiny, we’re calling upon him to do the right thing!

      The information that Bradley gave the public exposed the unjust detainment of innocent people at Guantanamo Bay, showed us the true human cost of our wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, helped fuel pro-democratic movements in the Arab world, and changed journalism forever. There is no evidence that anyone was harmed as a result of the leaked information, yet Bradley faces life in prison.

      This is our opportunity to bring home to Gen. Buchanan the importance of his sentencing decision, not only for fair American justice, but for government accountability, international human rights, and the protection of other whistleblowers, including NSA Edward Snowden.

      Enough is enough. The public has a right to know. So join us on Friday, July 26th and let the military feel the heat!

      DC/MD/VA area folks please spread the word by downloading the poster from our website and posting it around your neighborhood or workplace. To volunteer or help with outreach, contact: Carrie202-714-8530 / carrie@...

      E-mail emma@... if you’d like to endorse this event.

      P.S. We understand that many supporters work 9-5PM so we are asking you to plan on leaving work early so we can have maximum impact on the base.