Re: The AnCap 1%

  • Jesse Walker
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 23, 2013
      On 7/23/13 6:11 PM, J Olson wrote:

      > Is there anything worth reading on the site (otherwise, why would you be
      > reading it), Jesse?

      Honestly, the only reason I ever read it is because I somehow got on
      their email list & they sometimes have a headline that makes me curious
      enough to click through.
    • j_obadiah_ridinger
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 24, 2013
        I honestly tried to find something even dumber to read just so I could be a jackass and say this wasn't the dumbest thing I read today but I couldn't.

        --- In LeftLibertarian2@yahoogroups.com, Jesse Walker <jwalkernot@...> wrote:

        > The dumbest thing you will read today:
        >
        > http://truth-out.org/buzzflash/commentary/item/18103-anarchistic-capitalism-is-the-real-goal-of-the-radical-free-marketers
        >
        > "...One can even argue that the military-industrial-surveillance state
        > is being rapidly expanded to serve the economic interests of a few of
        > the one percent through the protection of corporate and financial
        > institutions -- and putting in place 'power projection' on the
        > international stage and suppression of economic dissent on the domestic
        > level to ensure the viability and expansion of the anarcho-capitalist
        > economic proponents...."

      • Jesse Walker
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 28, 2013
          On 7/23/13 6:11 PM, J Olson wrote:

          > Is there anything worth reading on the site (otherwise, why would you be
          > reading it), Jesse?

          This piece is pretty good:

          http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/17830-the-unusual-yet-ubiquitous-left-right-alliance-towards-an-anti-establishment-center

          I disagree with him on a few of those issues, but the central point is
          solid and it's good to see him making it.

          Not surprisingly, this isn't the same author who wrote the
          anarcho-capitalism article.