Re: [LeftLibertarian2] Re: Symposium on the Stephenville UFO

    Message 1 of 22 , May 2, 2013
      I've made bricolage.

      On May 2, 2013, at 11:34 PM, Roderick Long <berserkrl@...> wrote:

      I have a whole collage.

      R.

      From: J Olson <jlolson53@...>
      To: LeftLibertarian2@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, May 2, 2013 10:30 PM
      Subject: Re: [LeftLibertarian2] Re: Symposium on the Stephenville UFO

      I have "some" college.  I wish I remembered which. ;/

      Jeff

      On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 8:02 PM, Dan <danust2012@...> wrote:

      I wrote that "I presume most people have some college..." not that everyone has a degree.

      I was expecting Jeff Olson to jump in in this thread...

      On May 2, 2013, at 5:45 PM, Joshua Katz <jalankatz@...> wrote:

      This looks like a fascinating case study.  Dan writes that it seems that everyone has a degree, and, indeed, it does.  Jeff writes that 25% hold a degree.  It seems we live fairly segregated lives (by we, I mean lower middle to middle class, well-educated, thoughtful people) where we are only likely to come into contact, to a degree involving exchanging life history, with a subset of 25% of the population.

      On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 3:26 PM, jeff_riggenbach <haljam@...> wrote:

      About 25 percent of American adults hold a baccalaureate degree.

      JR

    • George H. Smith
      Message 2 of 22 , May 3, 2013

        Someday I may go back and get a high school degree. Then I might qualify for a minimum wage job.

        Ghs

        Message 3 of 22 , May 3, 2013
          Since most people have that and some college, that shows the intellectual value of schooling. An economist friend of mine calls them -- and not original with him, I'm sure -- costly signaling devices.

            Sent: Thursday, May 2, 2013 11:54 PM
            To: LeftLibertarian2@yahoogroups.com

            I've made bricolage.

          • Roderick Long
            Message 5 of 22 , May 3, 2013
              Like iPhones!

              Sent: Thursday, May 2, 2013 11:54 PM
              To: LeftLibertarian2@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 22 , May 3, 2013
                Maybe, though the cost is much higher for a degree, usually. And I mean "cost" in the broadest sense.

                But hasn't the shift been to Android phones? :)