Re: [LeftLibertarian2] Re: Obama Is a Tyrannical â €˜Borderline Communist’ Says Black Chamber of Comm erce CEO [Video]

  • Bruce Majors
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 1, 2013
      It is coercion for someone to impede or your senses in this way.  That's why god made caves.

      On Friday, March 1, 2013, jeff_riggenbach wrote:

      I believe that people who have never bothered to learn to write well should refrain from writing. Similarly, I believe that people who have never bothered to learn how to dress well (people, for example, who are so unimaginably arrogant that they actually care more about their own opinion of what looks good on them than they care about the opinions of others on that subject) should refrain from dressing at all. I believe that they should go about utterly nude (with, perhaps, cloaks to give them some protection from inclement winter weather), the better to make themselves instantly identifiable by their superiors as ill-dressed persons.

      JR

      --- In LeftLibertarian2@yahoogroups.com, Dan wrote:

      > No, the badly dressed are those we should ignore, especially their opinions on things other than clothing style. Obviously, they have nothing of value to say -- or so sayeth Bruce.
      >
      > (Actually, I would judge someone who has no sense of clothing style as deficient, but as deficient in that area. I don't believe it's completely unimportant because it shows a sort of blindness toward something -- like a person who is tone deaf (though the truly tone deaf are to be pitied more than scorned) or someone who falls into the non-literary reader category C. S. Lewis uses in his _An Experiment in Criticism_. It doesn't make them a bad person or even mean their opinion of other matters is of no value. As with Lewis, one can imagine the non-literary reader who is, say, an excellent doctor, a fine logician, or even just overall learned, even fun to be around, a good friend, entertaining, etc. They simply are ignorant of a huge area of human experience. Of course, some people use this as a badge of honor -- as if dressing haphazardly meant they had finer qualities elsewhere. But how would this be different than people who never bother to learn how
      > to write well?)
      >
      > Dan

    • Bruce Majors
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 1, 2013
        So you've caught up with Susan Sontag circa the early 80s.  One of my conservative mentors.

        On Thursday, February 28, 2013, J Olson wrote:

        All bad people are bad by virtue of being leftist-communistic.  Even fascists, when they become bad enough, magically transform into leftist-commies.

        Jeff

        On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 4:44 PM, Dan <danust2012@...> wrote:

        What's the comprehension failure here? And why is it need that a conservative statist thinks a "liberal" statist is "Borderline Communist"? That's not only the usual tarring of the conservatives' opponents, but it really only tells us the equivalent of someone calling someone else an asshole. It doesn't tell us whether the someone else is an asshole.

        So what's the deep point we miss here? Oh, is it that a conservative Black person is calling Obama a bad name? Oh, heavens! We haven't heard that before! Again, I'm amused by what passes for news and shocking news in the Beltway. As usual, those in the imperial capitol see the world only in terms of themselves and their petty culture. Sadly, the rest of us not only have to put up with the priggish prudish hypocritical ranting a of folks like you in the capitol, but we have to bankroll it too. If not, it might just be a very low ratings reality show edged out by Bar Rescue or Highway to Hell.

        On Feb 28, 2013, at 4:02 PM, Bruce Majors <majors.bruce@...> wrote:

        I'm so glad you and Dan alone have the reading comprehension abilities to understand me.

        There's nothing like being sexy and smart too.

        On Thursday, February 28, 2013, jeff_riggenbach wrote:

        Oh, if only we had Mitt! It would be very heaven!

        JR