alert

  • Bruce Majors
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 2, 2013
    • J Olson
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 2, 2013
        And Peace is War, Freedom is Slavery, etc.

        Jeff

        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 2, 2013
          And knowledge is weakness!

            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 2, 2013
              I would encourage you to get on the next flight back East and go to Krugman's office and administer the thrashing he so richly deserves!

              JR

              --- In LeftLibertarian2@yahoogroups.com, J Olson wrote:

              > I would consider nominating Krugman for Intellectual Slimeball of the Year.
              > His smirky statist commentary never fails to make me want to kick his ass.
              > Perhaps a more telling award would be: Establishment Lackey
              > Pseudo-Intellectual of the Year? "Of course the Emperor is wearing
              > clothes, you ignorant lout!" - that's his schtick in a nutshell.
              >
              > Jeff
              >
              > On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 1:33 PM, Dan wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > And knowledge is weakness!
              > >
              > > On Feb 2, 2013, at 12:55 PM, J Olson wrote:
              > >

              > > And Peace is War, Freedom is Slavery, etc.
              > >
              > > Jeff
              > >
              > > On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 10:31 AM, Bruce Majors wrote:
              > >
              > >> **
              > >>

              > >> http://politicaloutcast.com/2013/02/paul-krugman-there-is-no-debt-crisis/

            • J Olson
              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 2, 2013
                Are you coming with?

                Jeff O.

                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 3, 2013
                  I would be flattered to be given access to offenders on this level of barbarity and repugnance. Shall I bring both my cane and my horse hair quirt, along with my baseball bat (a Louisville Slugger from the fabled '50s and '60s)?

                  How many kills will I have to certify in order to be certified in turn as a valued employee not to be connected, even tangentially to the sorts of degenerates and reprobates that now swarm over this sacred ground?

                  Message 8 of 23 , Feb 3, 2013
                    Going for something briefer, why not have a "court intellectual of the year" award -- with nominees and all that? Krugman here is not alone. What's particularly funny about him is that he seems to repeat economic fallacies as if they were profundities, but isn't that what many in his profession do?

                    Message 9 of 23 , Feb 3, 2013
                      I'll leave those abstruse "how many angels can fit in a haystack" questions to Jim ("Manly").  For that matter, we should probably let him carry all the hurtful paraphernalia (my shoulders have been acting up a bit of late. ;)

                      JO

                      Message 10 of 23 , Feb 3, 2013
                        Well, no doubt, but it seems like every time I turn around I see his smirking face, and every time I hear something philosophically inane, I see his smirking words, so...?

                        I like "Court Intellectual of the Year."  It's so understated in its profound insult.

                        Jeff

                        Message 11 of 23 , Feb 3, 2013
                          Understatement can work wonders. The idea is to generate a list each year and then select and announce a winner. It'd be nice to make this public and have some sort of "official" ceremony.

                          If Krugman bothers you so much and you're also unwilling to, say, take care of him, why not just ignore him? I mean there is so much else in the world to focus one's attention on?

                          Message 12 of 23 , Feb 3, 2013
                            Well, you could ignore anything and anyone you find annoying.  For that matter, why ever criticize or complain about anything?  Wouldn't that be the logical end result of your recommendation?  Does that strike you as an astute piece of advice?

                            Jeff

                            Message 13 of 23 , Feb 3, 2013
                              If it bothers you so much and you can do little about it, it might be better not to focus on it, don't you think? I'm not saying ignore ever last thing. And I wasn't giving advice so much as asking why one would pay much attention to him in the first place.

                              For the record, too, I find him entertaining. His popular level writings are good to cut one's teeth in identifying economic fallacies -- well, well known economic fallacies but restated for our time. :) Still, I think it'd be mad fun to see him set on fire.

                              Message 14 of 23 , Feb 3, 2013
                                All I said was that I consider him to be scum, Dan, not that I anguish about him day and night.  That was your (unjustified) interpretation.  Christ, are we not allowed to insult pieces of shit like him?

                                Jeff

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Feb 3, 2013
                                    It seems far more reasonable to consider that to be an exaggeration, hyperbole, etc., than something to be taken seriously.

                                    Jeff

                                    On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 10:27 AM, Dan <dan_ust@...> wrote:

[...]

                                    • Dan Ust

                                                Message 23 of 23 , Feb 3, 2013
                                                  Well, one could argue that people like Krugman are more the symptom not the cause of the disease.  If true, then I detest what he symbolizes.

                                                  There is also the question of what Krugman truly believes.  I find it almost unthinkable that he or anyone actually believes some of the arrant nonsense he proclaims.  I think it's at least possible that he knows the truth but makes a living as a paid spokesperson for the elite.  If true, that would make him truly evil, I suppose.

                                                  What do The Elite truly believe about free market economics and its supportive political philosophy?  I seem to recall David Rockefeller once stating that he believed a laissez-faire economy was superior.  But believing something doesn't mean that you must advocate it.  Do you think that Alan Greenspan underwent a political philosophy conversion when he became Fed chairman (meaning, did he come to believe that a managed economy is superior to a free economy)?  I very much doubt it.  But  that didn't stop him from accepting the reins of power.  I think that's probably the case with a lot of the elite statists.  Their equation is simply that a certain kind of managed society gives them more power than they'd ever acquire in a free society.  So they see a managed society - with them as the "managers," of course - as their personal ideal.

                                                  Jeff