Re: [LeftLibertarian2] The gig is up

  • Tristan Mills
    Message 1 of 91 , Sep 1 4:00 AM

      That's it! Paul Marks convinced FEE that Sheldon was publishing anti-libertarian commies and reds who want to destroy all decency.
      Influential guy that Mr Marks.

      T.

      On 1 Sep 2012 04:30, "Kevin Carson" <free.market.anticapitalist@...> wrote:
      On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 10:08 PM, Roderick Long <berserkrl@...> wrote:

      > Gary Chartier, Kevin Carson, and Charles Johnson have all been published
      > in The Freeman lately.

      No doubt Paul Marks is chortling with glee, dancing a happy little jib
      and fapping himself into oblivion over this.

      --
      Kevin Carson
      Karl Hess Chair in Social Theory, Research Associate

      "You have no authority that we are bound to respect" -- John Perry Barlow
      "We are legion. We never forgive. We never forget. Expect us" -- Anonymous

      Homebrew Industrial Revolution:  A Low-Overhead Manifesto
      http://homebrewindustrialrevolution.wordpress.com
      Desktop Regulatory State http://desktopregulatorystate.wordpress.com

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          LeftLibertarian2-digest@yahoogroups.com
          LeftLibertarian2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • MikeHolmesTX@cs.com
      Message 91 of 91 , Sep 15 8:58 AM
        In a message dated 8/31/2012 1:50:37 PM Central Daylight Time,
        haljam@... writes:

        > Sounds rather like the FEE I encountered in 1961 as a high school
        > sophomore.
        >
        > Or, at least, that's my personal recollection, which cannot be wrong.
        >
        > JR
        >
        > --- In <A HREF="mailto:LeftLibertarian2%40yahoogroups.com">
        > LeftLibertarian2@yahoogroups.com</A>, "Sheldon Richman" <sheldon@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > At the end of September, I'll be leaving FEE and The Freeman after 15
        > years at the organization's initiative. FEE is "rebranding" itself to become
        > an organization that introduces high school and college students to
        > free-market economics, narrowly conceived. They decided I am not the person to
        > edit the "new" Freeman.
        > >
        > > I wish the new FEE well.
        > >
        > > Sheldon
        > >
        > > PS: I'm in the job market.

        FEE was the first place I regularly read the word "libertarian" roughly
        around the same time.

        Yes, it was helpful then but libertarianism has grown much more
        sophisticated and widespread since the Freeman was the only regularly published free
        market/libertarian oriented publication.

        They are returning to a 50 year old plus outreach model, long obsolete.

        Sad.

        I feel a hidden Koch hand behind this, though that is just a hunch. Seems
        awfully similar to the Cato purge and reasons given therefore.

        MH</HTML>