Re: [LeftLibertarian2] Re: RP

    Message 1 of 614 , Jan 1, 2012
      One need not be one to judge. I'm not a statist, for example, but I can judge George H. Smith to not be one as well. I can also judge Obama to be one. How is that?

      On Dec 31, 2011, at 6:12 PM, MikeHolmesTX@... wrote:

      In a message dated 12/31/2011 3:11:37 PM Central Standard Time,
      juan.g71@... writes:

      > premise : Ron Paul is a staunch advocate of the 'American constitution'.
      >
      > premise : The american constitution is not a miniarchist legal document.
      >
      > conclusion : Ron Paul is not a miniarchist.

      Premise # 2 is clearly debatable.

      Since you are not by your own admission a minarchist, who are you to judge?

      MH</HTML>

      Message 614 of 614 , Jan 19, 2012
        We are not amused.

        On Jan 19, 2012, at 11:18 PM, Jeff Olson <jlolson53@...> wrote:

        I meant that in the unroyal "we" sense. ;)

        Jo

        On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 10:17 PM, Dan <danust2012@...> wrote:

        We?

        On Jan 19, 2012, at 5:48 PM, Jeff Olson <jlolson53@...> wrote:

        And, Dan, if it weren't an equal contest, how did we lose?

        Jeff O.

        On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 4:48 PM, Jeff Olson <jlolson53@...> wrote:
        Well, Vietnam was more than equal enough to be unsupportable by a volunteer army, that's for fucking sure.  The casualties dwarf our modern "USA uber alles" modern wars.  Incidentally, American casualties in Vietnam exceeded those in Korea by around 20,000 in deaths.   Equality in equipment, etc., isn't a necessary condition for suffer terrible losses (58,000 in Vietnam).

        JO

        On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 4:40 PM, Dan <dan_ust@...> wrote:

        I don't even think Vietnam was an "equal contest." Actually, hard any war ever is, but I think you have to go back to Korea to see something close to parity in combat deaths. Even then, I don't think they were. They were simply more evenly matched that Vietnam or later wars. And combatants likely had similar levels of training and equipment.