Re: Favela Militias

  • terry12622000
    Message 1 of 20 , May 1, 2007
      What has the firm Excutive Outcome been up to lately?--- In
      LeftLibertarian2@yahoogroups.com, Niccolò Adami <niccolo_adami@...>
      wrote:

      > I'd really like to start a security firm like this, only not so rogue.

    • terry12622000
      Message 2 of 20 , May 1, 2007
        It looks like it is a great site but I could read it better if he did
        not have the black background, if a website has a black background I
        have to stand up to read it. I guess a lot of people think black is
        cool or something or maybe they want people to get better monitors,
        learn how to confiqure their monitor to suit the black background or
        set the montor lower on the desk or get some exercise by standing up or
        lol maybe they only want cool people to read their website or people
        with at least half a brain.--- In LeftLibertarian2@yahoogroups.com,
        Jesse Walker <jwalker@...> wrote:

        > Preston Glidden wrote:
        >
        > > I subscribe to Robert Neuwirth's blog at
        > > http://squattercity.blogspot.com/ . It's very worth reading if you
        are
        > > interested in following the news of the favelas and shantytowns all
        over
        > > the world.
        >
        > That's a very useful website and I read it frequently.
        >
        > Neuwirth's book *Shadow Cities* is also well worth reading.

      • Dan Ust
        Message 3 of 20 , May 1, 2007
          I don't have any problem with it, but I can see where you're coming from.  The worst, to me, is when people use complimentary colors (say, like red and blue) in text and background and even put a watermark picture behind that.

          Regards

          Dan

          Jesse Walker wrote:

          > Preston Glidden wrote:
          >
          > > I subscribe to Robert Neuwirth's blog at
          > > http://squattercity.blogspot.com/ . It's very worth reading if you
          are
          > > interested in following the news of the favelas and shantytowns all
          over
          > > the world.
          >
          > That's a very useful website and I read it frequently.
          >
          > Neuwirth's book *Shadow Cities* is also well worth reading.

          Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

        • Preston Glidden

            Message 5 of 20 , May 1, 2007
              I brought it to Susan with the Lp radicals abou here Collie thing
              blog, she said she was in one of her artsy fartsy moods when she made
              it up. She later changed it to white background and black text so
              that half ignorant lazy hillbillies like me can read it.--- In