Re: [LeftLibertarian2] Free Agent Media

  • Kevin Carson
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30 11:29 PM
      On 4/30/07, Jesse Walker <jwalker@...> wrote:

      > http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bal-bz.production29apr29,1,7177003.story
      >
      > Fade to black
      > Technology moves video, audio production away from large companies

      > As software-based editing products and digital technology increasingly
      > put professional editing tools into the hands of freelancers and small
      > businesses, many of the larger local production houses closed up shop.
      > What was once a studio outfitted with of tens of thousands of dollars
      > worth of software and hardware has been reduced to an affordable package
      > that workers can carry from job to job, allowing many to open up their
      > own businesses and edit from home or a small studio.
      >
      > It's a trend that has played out around the country. And while some
      > large production houses remain, few are independently owned, said Randi
      > Altman, editor in chief for Post Magazine, which covers the
      > post-production and digital entertainment industries.
      >
      > "All these big companies, they can't afford to stay open anymore,"
      > Altman said.

      Cool! I forwarded this to Michel Bauwens of the P2P Foundation Blog.
      http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/

      --
      Kevin Carson
      Mutualist.Org: Free Market Anti-Capitalism
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2007
        Oh but the Network, major newspaper and PBS talking heads say we need
        gate keepers and pretty much all of them except Knight Ridder left
        the gate open for the Bush Neocon team on Iraq WMDs and terrorist
        connection accroding to a story by Bill Moyers. Knight Ridder it
        appears did not have a major outlet in DC and NYC.--- In