A People's Uprising Against the Empire

    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 1, 2011
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 1, 2011
        Neocon response to Rockwell?

        From: Dennis May <dennislmay@...>
        To: atlantis_II@yahoogroups.com
        Sent: Tue, February 1, 2011 10:27:02 AM
        Subject: [atlantis_II] Re: A People's Uprising Against the Empire

        I didn't see anything in the article about the Jihadists who are now flowing
        into Egypt
        or the dangers posed by the Muslim Brotherhood.  During the mix of news events
        where several Muslim nations are heading toward Islamic radical rule
        simultaneously
        a story came out about Pakistan and their rush to build more nuclear weapons.

        http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-newspaper-daily-english-online/Politics/31-Jan-2011/Pakistans-nuclear-arsenal-tops-100-WP

        A few news stories mentioned the history of the Nazi's being in bed with various Muslim nations during WWII generating the Islamic-Fascist method of rule which now persists in several nations.

        I think it likely the situation will eventually lead to hyperinflation in the US as vital resources are cut off and eventual world war as economies destabilize all over the world.

        The situation in Egypt would have been an opportunity for reform if it were not for the Islamic radicals now flowing in and the lack of any stable influence except the Army.

        What is the libertarian solution to foreign funded terrorists flowing over your  border with support from people within your country?  The largest organized opposition group is the Muslim Brotherhood - a front group for Islamic radical terrorism.

        The culture in Egypt is ripe to be taken over by Islamic radicals - not so much on the freedom front.  A similar error was made by libertarians in the 1990s' when they thought Somalia was the new place freedom might flourish.  The culture was not prepared to support freedom there either.

        Dennis
        ________________________________
          In the sense that it's got most of the facts wrong and the ones it has right are badly misinterpreted? ;-)

          --- In LeftLibertarian2@yahoogroups.com, Dan <dan_ust@...> wrote:

          > Neocon response to Rockwell?
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > Dan

        • Kevin Carson
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 2, 2011
            On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 10:16 AM, Dan <dan_ust@...> wrote:

            > Neocon response to Rockwell?

            > From: Dennis May <dennislmay@...>
            > To: atlantis_II@yahoogroups.com

            > I didn't see anything in the article about the Jihadists who are now flowing
            > into Egypt
            > or the dangers posed by the Muslim Brotherhood.

            Q: What's the difference between a neocon and a Randroid?
            A: A neocon sometimes has a sense of humor.

            --
            Kevin Carson
            Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 2, 2011
              Well, Dennis certainly does have a sense of humor...

              Jeff O. ;/

              On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 12:42 PM, Kevin Carson <free.market.anticapitalist@...> wrote:

              On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 10:16 AM, Dan <dan_ust@...> wrote:

              > Neocon response to Rockwell?

              > From: Dennis May <dennislmay@...>
              > To: atlantis_II@yahoogroups.com

              > I didn't see anything in the article about the Jihadists who are now flowing
              > into Egypt
              > or the dangers posed by the Muslim Brotherhood.

              Q: What's the difference between a neocon and a Randroid?
              A: A neocon sometimes has a sense of humor.

              --
              Kevin Carson
              Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism
              http://mutualist.blogspot.com
              The Homebrew Industrial Revolution:  A Low-Overhead Manifesto
              http://homebrewindustrialrevolution.wordpress.com
              Organization Theory:  A Libertarian Perspective

            • Dan Ust
              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 2, 2011
                Neocons also seem less ready to use nukes.

                Den Feb 2, 2011 kl. 1:42 PM skrev Kevin Carson <free.market.anticapitalist@...>:

                On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 10:16 AM, Dan <dan_ust@...> wrote:

                > Neocon response to Rockwell?

                > From: Dennis May <dennislmay@...>
                > To: atlantis_II@yahoogroups.com

                > I didn't see anything in the article about the Jihadists who are now flowing
                > into Egypt
                > or the dangers posed by the Muslim Brotherhood.

                Q: What's the difference between a neocon and a Randroid?
                A: A neocon sometimes has a sense of humor.

                --

              • jeo1@frontier.com
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 3, 2011
                  Pretty much. Note all the tired buzz words, Hitler, Nazis, Islamofacism, etc. Right wing neocons are all abuzz about their boy Muburak losing power after three decades of faithfully serving US and Israel 'interests' while oppressing his own people. He is Sadamn, only Sadamn failed to stick to his marching orders.

                  Shows how much the democracy crap that the US constantly spews is total hypocrisy. Like in Gaza and Palestine, democracy goes out the window unless it's our people in charge. Dershowitz said the people of Gaza should be punished (bombing) because they voted for Hamas, which is a political party.

                  That's why US has to control the Iraqi and Afghan elections.

                  What is this Atlantis list? Are there a lot of neocon Zionist warmongers lurking there pretending to be libertarians for some reason, like LL1? Why don't they go back to reading their Weekly Standards and National Reviews and voting Republican, and quit pretending to be libertarians?

                      Message 10 of 17 , Feb 3, 2011
                        Atlantis II is, for the most part, a libertarian list. There are always a few neocons or faux libertarians lurking about. The main difference between here and there is, I believe, it's probably more libertarians from an Objectivish background -- with many being refugees from the Atlantis list run by Jimmy Wales (I actually participated in the latter during its decline) -- and traffic is much lighter there. Some people who participate here also participate there, including Jeff Olson and yours truly.

                        Message 11 of 17 , Feb 3, 2011
                          O, I slam fascism.

                          Message 12 of 17 , Feb 3, 2011
                            Vocative case?

                            Message 13 of 17 , Feb 3, 2011
                              On 02/03/2011 12:58 PM, jeo1@... wrote:

                              > Shows how much the democracy crap that the US constantly spews is total
                              > hypocrisy. Like in Gaza and Palestine, democracy goes out the window
                              > unless it's our people in charge. Dershowitz said the people of Gaza
                              > should be punished (bombing) because they voted for Hamas, which is a
                              > political party.
                              >
                              > That's why US has to control the Iraqi and Afghan elections.

                              o/~

                              For might makes right
                              Until they see the light;
                              They've got to be protected--
                              All their rights respected--
                              'Til somebody we like can be elected.

                              Members of the Corps
                              All hate the thought of war;
                              They'd rather kill them off by peaceful means.

                              Stop calling it aggression--
                              Ooh, we hate that expression!
                              We only want the world to know
                              That we support the status quo;
                              They love us everywhere we go;
                              So when in doubt,
                              Send the Marines!

                              o/~

                              -Tom Lehrer, <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93n-EmGknEU>
                            • Jeff Olson
                              Message 14 of 17 , Feb 3, 2011
                                :))

                                O, I slam fascism.

                                Message 15 of 17 , Feb 3, 2011
                                  Charles, I didn't know you were a Lehrer fan!!

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Feb 3, 2011
                                    I forgot Lebanon as another example, although there are countless ones of course, especially if one turns back the clock a few years.

                                    US and Israel were furious that Hezbollah got votes, Condi gave the green light of US support for the Israeli invasion and slaughter in Lebanon in 06 to punish the Lebanese for voting the wrong way.

                                    Charles, I didn't know you were a Lehrer fan!!

                                    On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 2:12 PM, Charles Johnson < groups.to.read@... > wrote:

                                    On 02/03/2011 12:58 PM, jeo1@... wrote:

                                    > Shows how much the democracy crap that the US constantly spews is total
                                    > hypocrisy. Like in Gaza and Palestine, democracy goes out the window
                                    > unless it's our people in charge. Dershowitz said the people of Gaza
                                    > should be punished (bombing) because they voted for Hamas, which is a
                                    > political party.
                                    >
                                    > That's why US has to control the Iraqi and Afghan elections.

                                    o/~

                                    For might makes right
                                    Until they see the light;
                                    They've got to be protected--
                                    All their rights respected--
                                    'Til somebody we like can be elected.

                                    Members of the Corps
                                    All hate the thought of war;
                                    They'd rather kill them off by peaceful means.

                                    Stop calling it aggression--
                                    Ooh, we hate that expression!
                                    We only want the world to know
                                    That we support the status quo;