Re: Jim Davidson Craziness

  • donaldm
    Message 1 of 34 , Jun 2, 2010
      This is the reason that we have academics, so as to prove points made by crazy people taught to the naive youths that they were and that these arguments are used to discredit other crazy people etc. It seems to me as if humor is the best way to prove or disprove a point. And you look at the libertarian movement and humor is very strong here. But seriously, has any study or book ever shown the importance of humor in propagating an idea?

      --- In LeftLibertarian2@yahoogroups.com, Roderick Long <berserkrl@...> wrote:

      > > Everyone I know has said crazy things and
      > > even wrote them.
      >
      > Your argument has been decisively disproven in the Scrolls of the Moonmen.  Only I have been given access to these Scrolls, but soon all the world shall know their power.
      >
      > Obeisance to the Lunarch of the Moonmen,
      >
      > Roderick

    • Jesse Walker
      Message 34 of 34 , Jun 6, 2010
        Roderick Long wrote:

        > I suspect RAW was simply offering this polytheistic argument playfully,
        > or suggesting that the case for polytheism is actually stronger than the
        > case for monotheism, without definitively endorsing it.

        That's how it sounds to me.