Private Security

  • Jesse Walker
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 6, 2010
      Private protection agencies in action:

      http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 6, 2010
        Sorry that last time I was in the Mall of America I missed out on the guy wearing all this armor. :) Maybe he was in LegoLand? :)

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 6, 2010
          > Private protection agencies in action:
          >
          > http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

          The Mall Ninja is legendary in 2nd Amendment/pro-gun circles.

          There is a movement coming up in the United States, the Open Carry
          movement. People are openly wearing firearms as a political/social
          statement. An Online friend of mine in PA encourages me to purchase a weapon
          and begin carrying it.

          He first pointed out Mall-Ninja to me.

          Mall Ninja is characteristic of a type of self-important yahoo commonly
          called a "Wannabe"

          In this case, cops. but not like real cops. Whether these guys admit it or
          not, they desperaterly want to be imperial storm trooper and show Darth
          Vader that they could, in fact shoot that loud pilot jerk and kick the whiny
          famr boys butt. They want to be in the Schustafel *real bad*.

          I am a congenital slacker, by nature. As a security guard I don't usually
          cause problems by being a crazed thug.

          -*-

          Digression here that meets up at the end -

          I am an RPG nerd. - The last time I played in a D&D campaign that lasted
          any time, my best friend, debate partner and so on, he hit a button in me,
          unknowning.

          He had an under world going on, but besides containing the usual Drow,
          Druegar, Goblins, and so on, this woorld had giant insects as one off the
          hidden, underworld nations.

          I went "Ping!"

          because what you need for an RPG are Cylons. Not the recent ones - the old
          fashioned ones. George Lucas recycled them as Trade Federation battle
          droids.

          enemies to kill and kill and kill. And you don't have to feek bad or be
          especially traumatized about it. Kill-Bots. taken them out before they get
          you.

          Orcs used to fill this role - but then they got ppopular and next thing you
          know Orcs are the misunderstood minority, blah di blah di blah.

          Mind you, this makes for good role playing. But lousy hack and slash.
          Undead often fill the roll of kill-bots there, too. A remorseless unfeeling
          army for you player characters to buzz saw through.

          But Zombie apocalypse is over done. (Although now that you mention it, I
          haven't seen the 2004 style "Runner" zombies as a D&D menace.. Hmmmm)

          So I thought "Insectoid Apocalypse" some twisted magical macguffin has
          thrown the insectoids out of balance. there are over brreeeding and over
          breeding warriors - they're blitzreiging and eating everyone.

          The survivors of the under world retreat to the surface brigning word of the
          insectoid menace., The PCs must investigate and quell the macguffin, while
          fighting their way through hordes of insect themed critters, and dealing
          with the methods other folks have invented to try and cope with the
          Chitinous Catastrophe.

          -*-

          here's where my two trains of thought collide..

          -*-

          We need an insectoid invasion. We need Cylons.

          We need some sort of horde of kill-bots so that Fascist wannabe thugs, so
          that kids desperate to prove that they are "Bad ass", so that people who
          want to fear the booogie man under their bed -

          So these people can wear themselves out smashing kill-bots.

          The big problem with Mall-Ninja, or his close cousin the fascist thug who
          supervised me on a site in Spokane - Or my dumbass nephew who wants to get a
          pit bull annd abuse it to psychotic-ness because that's "bad ass". There's
          no where for them to go.

          Until relatively recently - it was considered acceptable to think of people
          in other lands as not truly human. To consider them despicable traitorous,
          foul smelling pig-dog-things - and then to murder the hell out of them for
          fun and profit.

          I think that the idea that all human beings everywhere are morally equal -
          and that the killing of any human being is murder -

          this is a relatively new idea, and one mitigated against by eons of
          tribalism, conflict and warfare - all justified by the rationalization that
          the enemy is an animal who is poised and ready to murder "us" for fun and
          profit. Serves him right if we hit him back first.

          I remember the guy who supervised me sighing wistfully that he was in New
          Orleans as a "Contractor" and heard someone getting killed by other
          contractors a block away. And how he wish it could have been him to fire
          the fatal bullet.

          I am NOT making it up. his guy wanted a badge and some authority so he
          could injure or kill people consequence free. One of many reasons we didn't
          get along.

          but morons like this don't have an outlet in our society. They have nowhere
          to go with this pent up desire to be in-charge and to hurt others with
          impunity.

          We need cylons to point these guys at. "Oh my God! Cylons! Thank GOD we
          have violent, angry, thugish freaks who revel in authority and violence, and
          perhaps an un-acknowledged hint of sado-masochism to save us! Quickly, don
          this Kewl Leather, take this big gun andd do whatever you feel to those
          Cylons! Those Frakking toasters would sure do it to you! Thank the Gods for
          Defenders like YOU!"

          Seriously. It could work.

          "What's that noise? Under the ground? Giant Ants! My GAWD! Go get 'em
          Johnny Rico!"

          If he comes back some time later "Ummm, why is there a concrete labrynth
          under the town? Some of us thought it was storm drains, but that doesn't
          work. All it does is bounce our bullets around. Sometimes back at us!"

          We say "Congratulations, Johnny! the Smart Pills are working!"

          Jay ~Meow!~
        • Kevin Carson
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 7, 2010
            On 1/6/10, Jay P Hailey <jayphailey@...> wrote:

            > I am NOT making it up. his guy wanted a badge and some authority so he
            > could injure or kill people consequence free. One of many reasons we didn't
            > get along.
            >
            > but morons like this don't have an outlet in our society. They have nowhere
            > to go with this pent up desire to be in-charge and to hurt others with
            > impunity.

            I thought they joined police forces.

            --
            Kevin Carson
            Mutualist Blog: Free Market Anti-Capitalism
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 8, 2010
              Or the military.

              Center for a Stateless Society http://c4ss. org
              http://mutualist. blogspot. com/2005/ 12/studies- in-anarchist- theory-of. html