Re: [LeftLibertarian2] Fwd: [ronpaul-1057] Fw: Swine Flu: Path to Martial Law?

  • Jay P Hailey
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 30, 2009
      > Frankly, I'd rather get a flu shot than be put on a list of undesireable
      > persons in a libertopia.

      > Michael Bindner

      The science says thhat the flu shots work. I don't get 'em because I haate
      to spend the money and I doon't feel sick right now, so it never seems to
      be a priority.

      That's just me being human.

      What gets me is that distrusting concentrated power, feeling it's a bad
      idea for annyone to be above the consquences of their own actions. That
      leave people alone unless they harm yyoou is a viaable theory of social
      orgaannizatio

      Why does this lead into consspiracy theory land?

      And why does thinking the U.S. Government is a corrupt mess lead into
      arguing whether or not they committed 9/11, or whether or not the Moon
      Landing was a hoax.

      I do enjoy the response such theorizing gets on "Free Talk Live" - "So? So
      What? What does this do to advance freedom and liberty?"

      Jay ~Meiw!~
    • Michael Bindner
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 2, 2009
        I'm responding more to those who think that the swine flu isse is a pretext designed to round up dissenters.  I'm not getting the shot either, since I've already been exposed and likely had it when I was in my teens.

        Michael Bindner

        > Frankly, I'd rather get a flu shot than be put on a list of undesireable
        > persons in a libertopia.

        > Michael Bindner

        The science says thhat the flu shots work. I don't get 'em because I haate
        to spend the money and I doon't feel sick right now, so it never seems to
        be a priority.

        That's just me being human.

        What gets me is that distrusting concentrated power, feeling it's a bad
        idea for annyone to be above the consquences of their own actions. That
        leave people alone unless they harm yyoou is a viaable theory of social
        orgaannizatio

        Why does this lead into consspiracy theory land?

        And why does thinking the U.S. Government is a corrupt mess lead into
        arguing whether or not they committed 9/11, or whether or not the Moon
        Landing was a hoax.

        I do enjoy the response such theorizing gets on "Free Talk Live" - "So? So
        What? What does this do to advance freedom and liberty?"

        Jay ~Meiw!~

      • Kevin Carson
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 5, 2009
          > I'm responding more to those who think that the swine flu isse is a pretext designed to round up dissenters.  I'm not getting the shot either, since I've already been exposed and likely had it when I was in my teens.

          I'm not getting it either, mainly because I don't see the point. By
          the time they manufacture enough to vaccinate the general population
          outside of his-risk categories, and we've had two weeks for full
          immunity effect to kick in, we'll probably have been exposed to it
          already. It's widespread in almost every American state, and they've
          only made about 30 million doses (compared to around 150 million
          projected for this time, as I recall).

          I'm taking 2000IU of Vitamin D daily, along with a shitload of olive
          leaf extract.

          --
          Kevin Carson
          Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 5, 2009
            There's also the cases of Guillain-Barré syndrome, which might kick in eventually after the mass immunization. I'm not saying it will be widespread, but it is surprising how little publicity this receives, given the 1976 swine flu fiasco.

            Erick

            On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 3:21 PM, Kevin Carson <free.market.anticapitalist@...> wrote:
            > I'm responding more to those who think that the swine flu isse is a pretext designed to round up dissenters.  I'm not getting the shot either, since I've already been exposed and likely had it when I was in my teens.

            I'm not getting it either, mainly because I don't see the point.  By
            the time they manufacture enough to vaccinate the general population
            outside of his-risk categories, and we've had two weeks for full
            immunity effect to kick in, we'll probably have been exposed to it
            already.  It's widespread in almost every American state, and they've
            only made about 30 million doses (compared to around 150 million
            projected for this time, as I recall).

            I'm taking 2000IU of Vitamin D daily, along with a shitload of olive
            leaf extract.

            --
            Kevin Carson
            Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism
            http://mutualist.blogspot.com
            Studies in Mutualist Political Economy
            http://www.mutualist.org/id47.html
            Organization Theory:  A Libertarian Perspective

            <*> Your email settings:
               Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
               (Yahoo! ID required)