Re: The reasonable response/was Re: [LeftLibertarian2] Re: Good Riddance

  • James OGallagher
    Message 1 of 157 , Oct 1, 2009
      Ok, but what if that person continues to initiate communications with you, or about you in your presence?

      And by the way, I was responding to a post of JR's insulting Juan G, not myself.  I don't like bullies, or cowards.

      Are you allowed, according to DANS (arbitrary) RULES, to tell him to shut up, or that he is an idiot?  Or does it just work one way, this freedom of speech thing?

      From: Jeff Olson
      Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 20:26:58 -0500
      To: <LeftLibertarian2@ yahoogroups. com>

      For what it's worth, Jeffrey, I think you could kick his ass - both literally and figuratively.  You're a pretty big guy, with a big vocabulary, and that cane of yours sounds nasty.

      :-)  Jeff

      Message 157 of 157 , Oct 2, 2009
        I actually agree with you here. I think Jeff went too far in that direction. But this is a matter of taste. Sometimes a joke isn't funny, to me, if it feels overwritten. I've recently watching the American version of "The Office." I loved the British version, but I'm finding the problem with the American version, for me, is that the jokes are too overdone. With the British one, for me, it felt like they would do something funny, know the audience got it, and move on to the next incident. With the American one, they have to keep hammering at the same joke until it gets boring -- for me. IMHO, Jeff Olson did that here.

        From: Jeff Olson
        Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 17:27:48 -0500
        To: <LeftLibertarian2@ yahoogroups. com>

        Agreed.  If he suffers from anything it would probably be a classic case of Assholus Blowhardus.  It's a tragic disease which renders some misfortunate individuals to be capable only of expressing themselves via blowing their words out their ass.  Nothing subtle (or minty fresh) about that.

        Sadly,

        Jeff

        From: Jeff Olson
        Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 10:27:10 -0500