Fwd: [mds-activist] Defend RNC Protest Rights

  • Brad Spangler
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2008
      FWIW...

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Devra Morice <devra.mor@...>
      Date: Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 7:41 AM
      Subject: [mds-activist] Defend RNC Protest Rights
      To: si@..., mds-activist@...

      http://www.troopsoutnow.org/rnc08protestrights.shtml

      Sign the petition: Tell John McCain, the RNC, and the Minneapolis-St.
      Paul Police

      STOP the Illegal Raids!
      Release All Arrestees and Drop the Charges!

      http://www.troopsoutnow.org/rnc08protestrights.shtml

      ________________________________

      --
      Devra M.

      MDS SI/NYC

      www.nextleftnotes.net
      dmorice@...

      If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.

      -Emma Goldman

      Our movement will be self-defeating if we reject militancy as "male"
      and "macho". This detracts from the resistance of our sisters in the
      past...A movement has no reason to exist if it doesn't fight.
      Militancy stirs the imagination and raises the vision of victory.
      Militancy in a street demonstration, in a courtroom, in a rally, in a
      prison takeover, is recognized and respected as an uncompromising
      statement. It is a confrontation with the opposing system.

      -Prairie Fire

      Que se vayan todos!

      http://www.myspace.com/sistasays
    • Niccolò Adami
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2008
        I could not agree more with the Fire quote.

        Rejecting militancy is a mistake, but an even worse mistake would be
        to reject it and all strategy that is required to practice it.

        I think every Anarchist would benefit greatly from reading Sun Tzu's,
        The Art of War.

        --- In LeftLibertarian2@yahoogroups.com, "Brad Spangler"
        <brad_spangler@...> wrote:

        > FWIW...

      • Kevin Carson
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2008
          On 9/1/08, Brad Spangler <brad_spangler@...> wrote:

          > FWIW...

          > http://www.troopsoutnow.org/rnc08protestrights.shtml
          >
          > Sign the petition: Tell John McCain, the RNC, and the Minneapolis-St.
          > Paul Police
          >
          > STOP the Illegal Raids!
          > Release All Arrestees and Drop the Charges!

          I signed the petition, substituting my own comments in part for the
          prepared statement:

          I condemn the violent and illegal raids being carried out against
          activists assembling to protest at the Republican National Convention.

          Unfortunately, this seems to be SOP for local police forces attempting
          to suppress large-scale protests: preemptive invasions of activist
          headquarters, along with arrests and property seizures on trumped-up
          charges (probably with the help of planted provocateurs). And if
          anyone successfully challenges such monstrously illegal police
          actions, the slap on the wrist will take place long after the
          Convention is safely over with.

          I have no illusion that signing this protest will accomplish anything
          besides volunteering my personal information for your local Red
          Squad's list of "subversives." So be sure you spell my name right
          when you give it to the FBI.

          It's hard to believe my country once fought a Revolution against
          unlawful search and seizure and for due process of law. If the guys
          who fought at Lexington Green had known that two hundred years later a
          "free" country would be swarming with unprincipled, authoritarian
          vermin like you, they'd have thrown down their flintlocks in disgust
          and headed for the nearest tavern.

          I am opposed to any attempts to suppress dissent at the RNC, and I
          demand that anyone being held be released immediately, all phony
          charges dropped, and all property seized to be returned.

          --
          Kevin Carson
          Mutualist Blog: Free Market Anti-Capitalism