Re: The working class and the employing class have nothing in common (was Re: [LeftLibertarian2] Re: "Propertarians" and Statists)

  • dean tuckerman
    Message 1 of 148 , Jul 31, 2008
      Ver-r-y Interesting! But (and i know this is a different issue), how does it work on a macro-level?
      On Jul 31, 2008, at 6:55 PM, michael.h.wilson@... wrote:

      Below are two companies that seem to have done away with much of the traditional corporate structure.

      MHW

      http://www.fastcomp any.com/magazine /98/wikn. html

      The maker of Gore-Tex fabrics has such a low-key culture that even its corporate
      Web site has no indication that a new CEO started there in April. Kelly, 42, is
      the mother of four children, ages 5 to 13. She has spent her entire 22-year
      career at Gore since receiving her bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering a
      few miles away at the University of Delaware. She talks about being the CEO of a
      company that's famous for having no hierarchy or bosses.

      http://www.good2wor k.com/article/ 5636

      Semler has let his employees set the terms of their employment: hours, salaries, wages, even their office technology. Semco’s transition to a democratic workplace took nearly five years.

    • Harry Pollard
      Message 148 of 148 , Aug 5, 2008

        Minimum wage is a “countervailing privilege” designed to keep the proles happy.

        Then, they will stop protesting the privileges that are screwing them and turn their attention to the countervailing privilege. Soon, the “important” question is just how much the minimum wage should be.

        Harry