Welcome!

  • Kevin Carson
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 12, 2007
      Welcome all.

      Please regard the comment portion of the membership application as pro
      forma--I just wanted to put membership on moderation so as to exclude
      spambots.

      And Neil, when I said "all are welcome without exception," I
      specifically had you in mind. All I really wanted was the list back
      as it was just a few days ago, your own free-for-alls included, but
      without the new activist approach to moderation. As for "herding
      cats," I hope to put a lot less effort into it than you've been doing.
      As i stated earlier, the only reason I'm enabling message moderation
      at all is to filter out spam. I pretty much take Jeff Riggenbach's
      approach of allowing anything from a live person who's participating
      in the list (short of cyberstalking or something else a lot more
      heinous than any of the remarks that have been exchanged in debates so
      far, I guess), up to the point of giving Lloyd's "elders of Zion"
      shtik the benefit of the doubt.
    • Jeremy
      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 13, 2007
        Hey all,

        Not sure exactly why there's a new mailing list. Not entirely sure I
        want to know. I couldn't really follow the old list too closely since
        we started seriously discussing whether the war on terror is warranted
        from a left libertarian perspective (I prefer to read fiction when I'm
        feeling like engaging in whimsical fantasy). I try to stay away from
        kooks who advocate violence against other humans, which is always and
        ever the telltale symptom of pathological authority (IMHO).

        I moderated a contentious Yahoo!Group for 5 years, and it sucked. I'd
        urge the moderation to be pursued with as light a touch as possible.
        On the other hand, why somebody would want to identify as a left
        libertarian and simultaneously support martial expeditions around the
        world tests my tolerance immensely.

        ANYWAY, I started leftlibertarian.org in earnest the other day. It's
        a blank slate for any libertarian leftists who care to have a
        community site. Right now it's an aggregator for all the blogs I
        could think of, let me know if you'd like to be added / taken off. I
        could put forums up there if you want.

        Or we can just hang out here.

        - Jeremy

        blog.6thdensity.net

        leftlibertarian.org
      • Matt Jenny
        Message 3 of 20 , Mar 14, 2007
          Kevin,

          Thanks for creating this new group. I'm looking forward to (at least
          following) interesting discussions. But...

          ...Jeremy,

          I, for my part, would actually love to see forums (phpBB, bbPress...)
          being part of LL.org. I think forums are more user-friendly than
          Yahoo-groups in terms of posting and browsing the archives.

          Oh, and thanks for aggregating my blog (unfortunately I'm not so
          active anymore).

          Best,

          Matt

          --- In LeftLibertarian2@yahoogroups.com, "Jeremy" <jeremy@...> wrote:

          > Hey all,
          >
          > Not sure exactly why there's a new mailing list. Not entirely sure I
          > want to know. I couldn't really follow the old list too closely since
          > we started seriously discussing whether the war on terror is warranted
          > from a left libertarian perspective (I prefer to read fiction when I'm
          > feeling like engaging in whimsical fantasy). I try to stay away from
          > kooks who advocate violence against other humans, which is always and
          > ever the telltale symptom of pathological authority (IMHO).
          >
          > I moderated a contentious Yahoo!Group for 5 years, and it sucked. I'd
          > urge the moderation to be pursued with as light a touch as possible.
          > On the other hand, why somebody would want to identify as a left
          > libertarian and simultaneously support martial expeditions around the
          > world tests my tolerance immensely.
          >
          > ANYWAY, I started leftlibertarian.org in earnest the other day. It's
          > a blank slate for any libertarian leftists who care to have a
          > community site. Right now it's an aggregator for all the blogs I
          > could think of, let me know if you'd like to be added / taken off. I
          > could put forums up there if you want.
          >
          > Or we can just hang out here.
          >
          > - Jeremy
          >
          > blog.6thdensity.net
          >
          > leftlibertarian.org

        • Geoffrey
          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 14, 2007
            I agree with Matt. PHPBB-type message boards are more user friendly.
            It would be easier to follow and read posts and to make posts.
            Multiple categories for various subjects can be made.

            http://www.proboards.com/index.html is a decent free service.

            Geoffrey Plauche

            --- In LeftLibertarian2@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Jenny" <mattjenny@...>
            wrote:

            > Kevin,
            >
            > Thanks for creating this new group. I'm looking forward to (at least
            > following) interesting discussions. But...
            >
            > ...Jeremy,
            >
            > I, for my part, would actually love to see forums (phpBB, bbPress...)
            > being part of LL.org. I think forums are more user-friendly than
            > Yahoo-groups in terms of posting and browsing the archives.
            >
            > Oh, and thanks for aggregating my blog (unfortunately I'm not so
            > active anymore).
            >
            > Best,
            >
            > Matt
            >
            > --- In LeftLibertarian2@yahoogroups.com, "Jeremy" <jeremy@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hey all,
            > >
            > > Not sure exactly why there's a new mailing list. Not entirely sure I
            > > want to know. I couldn't really follow the old list too closely since
            > > we started seriously discussing whether the war on terror is warranted
            > > from a left libertarian perspective (I prefer to read fiction when I'm
            > > feeling like engaging in whimsical fantasy). I try to stay away from
            > > kooks who advocate violence against other humans, which is always and
            > > ever the telltale symptom of pathological authority (IMHO).
            > >
            > > I moderated a contentious Yahoo!Group for 5 years, and it sucked. I'd
            > > urge the moderation to be pursued with as light a touch as possible.
            > > On the other hand, why somebody would want to identify as a left
            > > libertarian and simultaneously support martial expeditions around the
            > > world tests my tolerance immensely.
            > >
            > > ANYWAY, I started leftlibertarian.org in earnest the other day. It's
            > > a blank slate for any libertarian leftists who care to have a
            > > community site. Right now it's an aggregator for all the blogs I
            > > could think of, let me know if you'd like to be added / taken off. I
            > > could put forums up there if you want.
            > >
            > > Or we can just hang out here.
            > >
            > > - Jeremy
            > >
            > > blog.6thdensity.net
            > >
            > > leftlibertarian.org

          • Jeremy
            Message 5 of 20 , Mar 14, 2007
              > I agree with Matt. PHPBB-type message boards are more user friendly.
              > It would be easier to follow and read posts and to make posts.
              > Multiple categories for various subjects can be made.

              I feel the same way about bulletin boards. However, I know people who
              don't - for example, those with slow connections, or those who simply
              like the free-wheeling energy of a list-style group. I'd love to see
              everybody move to leftlibertarian.org and make this whole "who owns
              what" argument moot.

              In the meantime, I'll look into some forum options and get back to you
              guys here.

              - Jeremy
            • Thomas Van Wyk
              Message 6 of 20 , Mar 14, 2007
                --- In LeftLibertarian2@yahoogroups.com, "Jeremy" <jeremy@...> wrote:

                > > I agree with Matt. PHPBB-type message boards are more user friendly.
                > > It would be easier to follow and read posts and to make posts.
                > > Multiple categories for various subjects can be made.
                >
                > I feel the same way about bulletin boards. However, I know people who
                > don't - for example, those with slow connections, or those who simply
                > like the free-wheeling energy of a list-style group. I'd love to see
                > everybody move to leftlibertarian.org and make this whole "who owns
                > what" argument moot.
                >
                > In the meantime, I'll look into some forum options and get back to you
                > guys here.
                >
                > - Jeremy

                I agree that a forum would be great. I'd guess that there are some
                good free (beer and speech) forum projects out there, but I don't know
                any off the top of my head.

                I also thought at first that a wiki might be a good idea, but I know I
                probably wouldn't have much time to edit it so giving my endorsement
                for a wiki, given how wikis work, would seem a mite hypocritical.

                Thanks for adding my blog to the aggregator! I'm honored. And sorry
                to those who actually read my blog about the lack of posts lately -
                been a bit busy.
              • tony_hollick
                Message 7 of 20 , Mar 14, 2007
                  This one is excellent!

                  http://www.simplemachines.org/about/features.php

                  Regards,

                  Tony

                  PS: See www.WendyMcElroy.com

                  ---------------------------------------

                  --- In LeftLibertarian2@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Van Wyk"
                  <tjvanwyk@...> wrote:

                  > --- In LeftLibertarian2@yahoogroups.com, "Jeremy" <jeremy@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > > I agree with Matt. PHPBB-type message boards are more user friendly.
                  > > > It would be easier to follow and read posts and to make posts.
                  > > > Multiple categories for various subjects can be made.
                  > >
                  > > I feel the same way about bulletin boards. However, I know people who
                  > > don't - for example, those with slow connections, or those who simply
                  > > like the free-wheeling energy of a list-style group. I'd love to see
                  > > everybody move to leftlibertarian.org and make this whole "who owns
                  > > what" argument moot.
                  > >
                  > > In the meantime, I'll look into some forum options and get back to you
                  > > guys here.
                  > >
                  > > - Jeremy
                  > >

                  > I agree that a forum would be great. I'd guess that there are some
                  > good free (beer and speech) forum projects out there, but I don't know
                  > any off the top of my head.
                  >
                  > I also thought at first that a wiki might be a good idea, but I know I
                  > probably wouldn't have much time to edit it so giving my endorsement
                  > for a wiki, given how wikis work, would seem a mite hypocritical.
                  >
                  > Thanks for adding my blog to the aggregator! I'm honored. And sorry
                  > to those who actually read my blog about the lack of posts lately -
                  > been a bit busy.

                • Dr. Ronald Chusid
                  Message 8 of 20 , Mar 14, 2007
                    I've run and moderated both invision boards and Yahoo groups. Each has its advantages. For larger groups with discussions on diverse topics, the invision boards are better, especially if there is too much content for members to want to try to keep up with all of it. They are also better if you need a situation where you can edit and moderate what appears for public consumption. It is possible to set things up to get responses to threads people are interested in, but these boards don't utilize email the way Yahoo does to send out all messages to the group.

                    Yahoo groups have far less bells and whistles but are better for smaller groups where the core members want to receive all new posts and replies by email. (For those who don't want their email box cluttered there are still options such as only getting a daily digest of messages or only reading by going to the site.)

                    From my little time here and what I've seen of the group, my suspicion is that the Yahoo Groups might better fit your needs right now.

                    Message 9 of 20 , Mar 14, 2007
                      > http://www.simplemachines.org/about/features.php

                      I have the most experience with Simple Machines. I agree: it's pretty
                      good.

                      Since there's a bit more interest in the forum idea than I expected at
                      first, does anybody want to put any thought into forum topic areas
                      that would best encapsulate the discussions here?

                      See, that's one advantage of a list over a forum: on a list, you get
                      EVERYTHING.

                      - Jeremy
                    • thorenstd124
                      Message 10 of 20 , Mar 14, 2007
                        We have this argument all the time over at the ARSClist,and I am one
                        of the few that votes for a board.

                        Roger

                        --- In LeftLibertarian2@yahoogroups.com, "Geoffrey"
                        <veritasnoctis@...> wrote:

                        > I agree with Matt. PHPBB-type message boards are more user friendly.
                        > It would be easier to follow and read posts and to make posts.
                        > Multiple categories for various subjects can be made.
                        >
                        > http://www.proboards.com/index.html is a decent free service.
                        >
                        > Geoffrey Plauche
                        >

                        > --- In LeftLibertarian2@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Jenny" <mattjenny@>
                        > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Kevin,
                        > >
                        > > Thanks for creating this new group. I'm looking forward to (at least
                        > > following) interesting discussions. But...
                        > >
                        > > ...Jeremy,
                        > >
                        > > I, for my part, would actually love to see forums (phpBB, bbPress...)
                        > > being part of LL.org. I think forums are more user-friendly than
                        > > Yahoo-groups in terms of posting and browsing the archives.
                        > >
                        > > Oh, and thanks for aggregating my blog (unfortunately I'm not so
                        > > active anymore).
                        > >
                        > > Best,
                        > >
                        > > Matt
                        > >
                        > > --- In LeftLibertarian2@yahoogroups.com, "Jeremy" <jeremy@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > Hey all,
                        > > >
                        > > > Not sure exactly why there's a new mailing list. Not entirely
                        sure I
                        > > > want to know. I couldn't really follow the old list too closely
                        since
                        > > > we started seriously discussing whether the war on terror is
                        warranted
                        > > > from a left libertarian perspective (I prefer to read fiction
                        when I'm
                        > > > feeling like engaging in whimsical fantasy). I try to stay away
                        from
                        > > > kooks who advocate violence against other humans, which is
                        always and
                        > > > ever the telltale symptom of pathological authority (IMHO).
                        > > >
                        > > > I moderated a contentious Yahoo!Group for 5 years, and it
                        sucked. I'd
                        > > > urge the moderation to be pursued with as light a touch as
                        possible.
                        > > > On the other hand, why somebody would want to identify as a left
                        > > > libertarian and simultaneously support martial expeditions
                        around the
                        > > > world tests my tolerance immensely.
                        > > >
                        > > > ANYWAY, I started leftlibertarian.org in earnest the other day.
                        It's
                        > > > a blank slate for any libertarian leftists who care to have a
                        > > > community site. Right now it's an aggregator for all the blogs I
                        > > > could think of, let me know if you'd like to be added / taken
                        off. I
                        > > > could put forums up there if you want.
                        > > >
                        > > > Or we can just hang out here.
                        > > >
                        > > > - Jeremy
                        > > >
                        > > > blog.6thdensity.net
                        > > >
                        > > > leftlibertarian.org

                      • Roger and Allison Kulp
                        Message 11 of 20 , Mar 14, 2007
                          I have received a invite to wendymcelroy.com,but haven't taken it up yet.BTW, what do y'all think of liberalia.com ?

                                                                Roger

                          ------------ --------- --------- ---------

                          <tjvanwyk@.. .> wrote:

                          > --- In LeftLibertarian2@ yahoogroups. com, "Jeremy" <jeremy@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > > I agree with Matt. PHPBB-type message boards are more user friendly.
                          > > > It would be easier to follow and read posts and to make posts.
                          > > > Multiple categories for various subjects can be made.
                          > >
                          > > I feel the same way about bulletin boards. However, I know people who
                          > > don't - for example, those with slow connections, or those who simply
                          > > like the free-wheeling energy of a list-style group. I'd love to see
                          > > everybody move to leftlibertarian. org and make this whole "who owns
                          > > what" argument moot.
                          > >
                          > > In the meantime, I'll look into some forum options and get back to you
                          > > guys here.
                          > >
                          > > - Jeremy
                          > >

                          > I agree that a forum would be great. I'd guess that there are some
                          > good free (beer and speech) forum projects out there, but I don't know
                          > any off the top of my head.
                          >
                          > I also thought at first that a wiki might be a good idea, but I know I
                          > probably wouldn't have much time to edit it so giving my endorsement
                          > for a wiki, given how wikis work, would seem a mite hypocritical.
                          >
                          > Thanks for adding my blog to the aggregator! I'm honored. And sorry
                          > to those who actually read my blog about the lack of posts lately -
                          > been a bit busy.

                          "If you're not on somebody's watchlist,you're not doing your job"

                          Dave Von Kleist

                          Get your own web address.

                        • j. freeman smith
                          Message 12 of 20 , Mar 14, 2007
                            Jeremy,

                            I like the idea of a forum, although the software needs to be quality.
                            I've seen some forums set-ups that just turned me off from wanting to
                            participate, but I like Simple Machines quite a bit.

                            I'll keep thinking of other possibilities for the site.

                            freeman

                            --- In LeftLibertarian2@yahoogroups.com, "Jeremy" <jeremy@...> wrote:

                            > > http://www.simplemachines.org/about/features.php
                            >
                            > I have the most experience with Simple Machines. I agree: it's pretty
                            > good.
                            >
                            > Since there's a bit more interest in the forum idea than I expected at
                            > first, does anybody want to put any thought into forum topic areas
                            > that would best encapsulate the discussions here?
                            >
                            > See, that's one advantage of a list over a forum: on a list, you get
                            > EVERYTHING.
                            >
                            > - Jeremy

                          • Kevin Carson
                            Message 13 of 20 , Mar 14, 2007
                              >From: "Dr. Ronald Chusid" <rcchusid@...>

                              >I've run and moderated both invision boards and Yahoo groups. Each has its
                              >advantages. For larger groups with discussions on diverse topics, the
                              >invision boards are better, especially if there is too much content for
                              >members to want to try to keep up with all of it. They are also better if
                              >you need a situation where you can edit and moderate what appears for
                              >public consumption. It is possible to set things up to get responses to
                              >threads people are interested in, but these boards don't utilize email the
                              >way Yahoo does to send out all messages to the group.
                              >
                              >Yahoo groups have far less bells and whistles but are better for smaller
                              >groups where the core members want to receive all new posts and replies by
                              >email. (For those who don't want their email box cluttered there are still
                              >options such as only getting a daily digest of messages or only reading by
                              >going to the site.)
                              >
                              >From my little time here and what I've seen of the group, my suspicion is
                              >that the Yahoo Groups might better fit your needs right now.

                              I'm more comfortable with an email list myself, but then I'm a technological
                              dinosaur. It's much more convenient to have the posts from my yahoogroups
                              all show up in my mailbox without having to surf around from one message
                              board to another and keep track of passwords. I've tried participating on
                              message boards like Anti-State.Com and Free-Market.Net before, and almost
                              always stopped bothering because it was too much trouble.

                              ***************************************
                              Kevin Carson
                              Mutualist.Org: Free Market Anticapitalism
                              http://www.mutualist.org/
                              Mutualist Blog http://mutualist.blogspot.com/

                              Rates near 39yr lows! $430K Loan for $1,399/mo - Paying Too Much? Calculate
                              new payment
                              http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9632-18226&moid=7581
                            • Brad Spangler
                              Message 14 of 20 , Mar 14, 2007
                                Yeah! What he said...

                              • WConger@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 20 , Mar 14, 2007
                                  In a message dated 3/14/2007 9:10:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time, kevin_carson@... writes:
                                  I'm more comfortable with an email list myself, but then I'm a technological
                                  dinosaur. It's much more convenient to have the posts from my yahoogroups
                                  all show up in my mailbox without having to surf around from one message
                                  board to another and keep track of passwords. I've tried participating on
                                  message boards like Anti-State.Com and Free-Market. Net before, and almost
                                  always stopped bothering because it was too much trouble.
                                  I feel exactly the same way. I can't even recall how many forums I've joined, then forgotten about. Too much work for ME, I'm afraid.

                                  Agora! Anarchy! Action!

                                  Wally
                                  http://wconger.blogspot.com/

                                  "Whenever you put your faith in big government, for any reason, sooner or later you wind up as an apologist for mass murder." -- Karl Hess

                                • Per Bylund
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Mar 15, 2007
                                    Jeremy wrote:
                                    > I could put forums up there if you want.
                                    > Or we can just hang out here.

                                    Maybe a forum might be a good idea--the LL2 (and previously the LL) e-mails
                                    are literally filling up my inbox (which is why I put the list on "No
                                    e-mails" a while back).

                                    The problem with starting a forum instead of the mailing list is that people
                                    would have to actively visit it to enjoy/partake in the discussions. I've
                                    tried moving discussions from inboxes to a web site numerous times before,
                                    and it has never worked. All the discussions tend to die within just a few
                                    days. People generally have a lot of other things to do, so they don't have
                                    time to (or think of) visit a forum. If the discussions are pushed into
                                    their mailboxes rather than pulled from a web site more people tend to join.

                                    On the other hand, a lot of people get a lot of e-mail messages they don't
                                    care about or even find disturbing. I used to be on a number of mailing
                                    lists and all of them suddenly exploaded into a frenzy of messages--hundreds
                                    every day on each and every list!

                                    Perhaps everybody on this list is so interested in the discussed issues that
                                    the discussions could continue on a web site. I don't know. I would however
                                    urge everybody on the list to mix with the crowds on existing forums as
                                    well--people need to hear, and are probably interested in hearing, our views
                                    and we need to get the ideas and strategies out there.

                                    My own web site ANARCHISM.net, for instance, has a forum with lots of
                                    discussions going on. Thanks to the rather anarchist-neutral name of the
                                    site, and the "unifying" official purpose of the site, there are anarchists
                                    of all sorts there. You are very welcome to take part in the discussions (no
                                    registration necessary), and your points are greatly appreciated (I can't do
                                    all the work myself).

                                    (Some of you might already be part of the discussions in the forum; since it
                                    allows anonymous postings I really cannot tell.) The forum is here:
                                    www.anarchism.net/forum.

                                    Per Bylund

                                    www.PerBylund.com * www.ANARCHISM.net
                                  • tony_hollick
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Mar 15, 2007
                                      Roger:

                                      Good to see you here!

                                      The 'Liberalia' site looks to be the work of the European members of
                                      the International Society for Individual Liberty (ISIL). They have
                                      some good people. I was on the Advisory Board of ISIL in the days when
                                      it was the Libertarian International. They do a good range of
                                      single-issue leaflets which introduce people to aspects of libertarianism.

                                      Regards,

                                      Tony

                                      ============================

                                      --- In LeftLibertarian2@yahoogroups.com, Roger and Allison Kulp
                                      <thorenstd124@...> wrote:

                                      > I have received a invite to wendymcelroy.com,but haven't taken it up
                                      yet.BTW, what do y'all think of liberalia.com ?

                                      > Roger
                                      >
                                      > tony_hollick <StarGateAcademy@...> wrote:

                                      > This one is excellent!
                                      >
                                      > http://www.simplemachines.org/about/features.php
                                      >
                                      > Regards,
                                      >
                                      > Tony
                                      >
                                      > PS: See www.WendyMcElroy.com
                                      >
                                      > ---------------------------------------
                                      >
                                      > --- In LeftLibertarian2@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Van Wyk"
                                      > <tjvanwyk@> wrote:

                                      > > > I feel the same way about bulletin boards. However, I know
                                      people who
                                      > > > don't - for example, those with slow connections, or those who
                                      simply
                                      > > > like the free-wheeling energy of a list-style group. I'd love
                                      to see
                                      > > > everybody move to leftlibertarian.org and make this whole "who owns
                                      > > > what" argument moot.
                                      > > >
                                      > > > In the meantime, I'll look into some forum options and get back
                                      to you
                                      > > > guys here.
                                      > > >
                                      > > > - Jeremy
                                      > > >

                                      > > I agree that a forum would be great. I'd guess that there are some
                                      > > good free (beer and speech) forum projects out there, but I don't
                                      know
                                      > > any off the top of my head.
                                      > >
                                      > > I also thought at first that a wiki might be a good idea, but I
                                      know I
                                      > > probably wouldn't have much time to edit it so giving my endorsement
                                      > > for a wiki, given how wikis work, would seem a mite hypocritical.
                                      > >
                                      > > Thanks for adding my blog to the aggregator! I'm honored. And sorry
                                      > > to those who actually read my blog about the lack of posts lately -
                                      > > been a bit busy.
                                      > >

                                      > "If you're not on somebody's watchlist,you're not doing your job"
                                      >
                                      > Dave Von Kleist
                                      >
                                      > ---------------------------------
                                      > Get your own web address.

                                    • Richard Garner
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Mar 15, 2007
                                        I think Liberalia is run buy the French Rothbardian Christian Michel

                                        Rchard

                                        ============ ========= =======

                                        <thorenstd124@ ...> wrote:

                                        > I have received a invite to wendymcelroy. com,but haven't taken it up
                                        yet.BTW, what do y'all think of liberalia.com ?

                                        > Roger
                                        >
                                        > tony_hollick <StarGateAcademy@ ...> wrote:

                                        > This one is excellent!
                                        >
                                        > http://www.simplema chines.org/ about/features. php
                                        >
                                        > Regards,
                                        >
                                        > Tony
                                        >
                                        > PS: See www.WendyMcElroy. com
                                        >
                                        > ------------ --------- --------- ---------
                                        >
                                        > --- In LeftLibertarian2@ yahoogroups. com, "Thomas Van Wyk"
                                        > <tjvanwyk@> wrote:

                                        > > > I feel the same way about bulletin boards. However, I know
                                        people who
                                        > > > don't - for example, those with slow connections, or those who
                                        simply
                                        > > > like the free-wheeling energy of a list-style group. I'd love
                                        to see
                                        > > > everybody move to leftlibertarian. org and make this whole "who owns
                                        > > > what" argument moot.
                                        > > >
                                        > > > In the meantime, I'll look into some forum options and get back
                                        to you
                                        > > > guys here.
                                        > > >
                                        > > > - Jeremy
                                        > > >

                                        > > I agree that a forum would be great. I'd guess that there are some
                                        > > good free (beer and speech) forum projects out there, but I don't
                                        know
                                        > > any off the top of my head.
                                        > >
                                        > > I also thought at first that a wiki might be a good idea, but I
                                        know I
                                        > > probably wouldn't have much time to edit it so giving my endorsement
                                        > > for a wiki, given how wikis work, would seem a mite hypocritical.
                                        > >
                                        > > Thanks for adding my blog to the aggregator! I'm honored. And sorry
                                        > > to those who actually read my blog about the lack of posts lately -
                                        > > been a bit busy.
                                        > >

                                        > "If you're not on somebody's watchlist,you' re not doing your job"
                                        >
                                        > Dave Von Kleist
                                        >
                                        > ------------ --------- --------- ---
                                        > Get your own web address.

                                      • Kevin Carson
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Mar 15, 2007
                                          >From: "tony_hollick" <StarGateAcademy@...>

                                          > The 'Liberalia' site looks to be the work of the European members of
                                          > the International Society for Individual Liberty (ISIL). They have
                                          >some good people.

                                          The site owner, Christian Michel, is the author of a number of Libertarian
                                          Alliance pamphlets. He was also kind enough to post several essays of mine
                                          on his site when I was just getting started writing online.

                                          ***************************************

                                          Message 20 of 20 , Mar 16, 2007
                                            > My own web site ANARCHISM.net, for instance, has a forum with lots of
                                            > discussions going on. Thanks to the rather anarchist-neutral name of the
                                            > site, and the "unifying" official purpose of the site, there are
                                            anarchists
                                            > of all sorts there. You are very welcome to take part in the
                                            discussions (no
                                            > registration necessary), and your points are greatly appreciated (I
                                            can't do
                                            > all the work myself).

                                            I didn't know you have a forum for anarchists! That's great, thanks Per.

                                            I'd love for everybody here to participate on a forum, but like I
                                            said, I understand the reasons people abstain. It's much better to
                                            have participation on a less-navigable medium than no participation on
                                            a very navigable medium.

                                            - Jeremy