Re: [LeftLibertarian2] Re: Justin Raimondo

  • Dan Clore
    Message 1 of 280 , Feb 1, 2008
      Chuck wrote:

      > I haven't been following this thread closely and I don't know if this
      > has been pointed out, but the United States *invaded* Vietnam. The
      > big fiction of American history is that the U.S. was somehow
      > "invited" to fight a war on behalf of the "South Vietnamese." In
      > reality, the U.S. invaded a country that was in the midst of an
      > independence struggle.

      I've often found myself faced with the same "we were invited" routine.
      Well, yeah, invited--

      By a "friendly tyrant" (who had to be installed in order to invite us
      in), who was then assassinated in a US-backed coup d'état.

      There's level upon level of irony under this one.

      --
      Dan Clore

      http://tinyurl.com/3akhhr
      Lord Weÿrdgliffe & Necronomicon Page:
      http://tinyurl.com/292yz9

    • Dan Ust
      Message 280 of 280 , Nov 3, 2008
        Must be good knowing someone out there cares enough to vandalize your entry... :/