Re: [LeftLibertarian2] Re: Justin Raimondo

  • Chuck
    Message 1 of 280 , Jan 31, 2008
      I haven't been following this thread closely and I don't know if this
      has been pointed out, but the United States *invaded* Vietnam. The big
      fiction of American history is that the U.S. was somehow "invited" to
      fight a war on behalf of the "South Vietnamese." In reality, the U.S.
      invaded a country that was in the midst of an independence struggle.

      It was impossible for the U.S. to "win" the Vietnam War. In order to
      have "won" that war, the U.S. would have had to set Vietnam up as a new
      colony and squashed the independence struggles being waged by the
      Vietnamese.

      It's weird how something that pissed me off today on NPR ends up on a
      list like this one.

      Chuck
    • Dan Ust
      Message 280 of 280 , Nov 3, 2008
        Must be good knowing someone out there cares enough to vandalize your entry... :/