Don't make me call Yahoo!

  • David Houser
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2007
      OK, so I've bitched about this already, but I'm getting pretty
      frustrated and I don't want to go to Yahoo if it's avoidable. But,
      for some reason, Roderick's posts are not going through to my e-mail.
      Everyone else's are. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone
      know of anything I can do short of going to the archives?

      In light of the last week's events, I'd rather not rely on Yahoo's
      "fixes".
    • tony_hollick
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2007
        David:

        As I have said before, the appropriate solution is to migrate
        the list to a software and hosting situation which we (the list
        members) control. I'm familiar with Small Machines Forum and LISTSERV.
        We can then have the list hosted wherever in the world free
        discussion is greeted most hospitably. We will have _rights_ in the
        matter. At present, we don't. Yahoo! has an extensive record in
        cooperating with governments (including the ChiCom government). I
        would just as soon we keep clear of all that.

        Regards,

        Tony

        --- In LeftLibertarian2@yahoogroups.com, "David Houser"
        <quexalcote@...> wrote:

        > OK, so I've bitched about this already, but I'm getting pretty
        > frustrated and I don't want to go to Yahoo if it's avoidable. But,
        > for some reason, Roderick's posts are not going through to my e-mail.
        > Everyone else's are. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone
        > know of anything I can do short of going to the archives?
        >
        > In light of the last week's events, I'd rather not rely on Yahoo's
        > "fixes".

      • Roderick Long
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2007
          Well, if you still have the problem you won't get this
          email (until you look at the archives), but are my
          emails going into your spam/bulk folder, or just not
          going anywhere?

          Roderick

          --- David Houser <quexalcote@...> wrote:

          > OK, so I've bitched about this already, but I'm
          > getting pretty
          > frustrated and I don't want to go to Yahoo if it's
          > avoidable. But,
          > for some reason, Roderick's posts are not going
          > through to my e-mail.
          > Everyone else's are. Has this happened to anyone
          > else? Does anyone
          > know of anything I can do short of going to the
          > archives?
          >
          > In light of the last week's events, I'd rather not
          > rely on Yahoo's
          > "fixes".

        • David Houser
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1, 2007
            Nope, not in the spam folder. I have that problem fairly often, so I
            always check it before I clear it out.

            --- In LeftLibertarian2@yahoogroups.com, Roderick Long <berserkrl@...>