19244Re: [LeftLibertarian2] Re: Nothing new to see here

  • Kevin Carson
    May 14, 2008
      On 5/13/08, Dan Ust <dan_ust@...> wrote:

      > My point was that Kevin's statement -- "It's a low interest rate for those standing closest to the Fed's money spigot." -- seemed to say that he (and perhaps many others here and elsewhere) see this as some brand new insight.

      Not necessarily. I specifically mentioned it as something brought out
      in that article. And it recurs in the more sophisticated analyses,
      like those of Rothbard, Grinder and Hagel, etc.

      But you'd be amazed at how many times some drone in the comments
      thread at Mises.Org criticizes the William Greene theory of the
      banking monopoly making credit artificially scarce and expensive, on
      the grounds that central banking makes it artificially abundant and
      cheap--and they both can't be true at the same time.

      --
      Kevin Carson
      Mutualist Blog: Free Market Anti-Capitalism