Re: Cannot connect to DM1612F

  • baziik01
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2 1:37 PM
      Hello, would it be possible for you to call me here at Lectro with equipment and computer, at 1-800-821-1121 x171, or ask for Rene.

      --- In LecNet2@yahoogroups.com, "danielwchin" <danielwchin@...> wrote:

      > List,
      > I am trying to connect to a DM1612F but am unable. The device is new. I have tried it on two different computers, both running Windows XP Pro with SP3.
      >
      > I have been through the steps in the manual and installing software & drivers before connecting.
      >
      > When I try to connect via RS232, nothing happens--the model and serial number do not appear.
      >
      > When I try to connect via USB, Windows pops up the "new hardware found" message. I say "no" to the "Windows Update" question and select "Install from a list or specific location." Despite including the CD in the selection, Windows still gives me a "Cannot install this Hardware" message.
      >
      > I have tried different USB cables and at least according to continuity tests, the RS232 cable is correct.
      >
      > Does anyone have any ideas?
      >
      > Thanks in advance,
      > Daniel Chin

    • Gordon Moore
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2 4:41 PM

        Hi Rene,  I called Daniel and he is up and running!

        Hello, would it be possible for you to call me here at Lectro with equipment and computer, at 1-800-821-1121 x171, or ask for Rene.

        --- In LecNet2@yahoogroups.com, "danielwchin" <danielwchin@...> wrote:

        > List,
        > I am trying to connect to a DM1612F but am unable. The device is new. I have tried it on two different computers, both running Windows XP Pro with SP3.
        >
        > I have been through the steps in the manual and installing software & drivers before connecting.
        >
        > When I try to connect via RS232, nothing happens--the model and serial number do not appear.
        >
        > When I try to connect via USB, Windows pops up the "new hardware found" message. I say "no" to the "Windows Update" question and select "Install from a list or specific location." Despite including the CD in the selection, Windows still gives me a "Cannot install this Hardware" message.
        >
        > I have tried different USB cables and at least according to continuity tests, the RS232 cable is correct.
        >
        > Does anyone have any ideas?
        >
        > Thanks in advance,
        > Daniel Chin

      • danielwchin
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2 4:54 PM
          Thanks to everyone who responded!

          Nathan (a service tech) got me connected with RS-232. Gordon Moore gave me a call and through screen sharing, he and Bob (the hotshot engineer) got me up and running with USB.

          Since that phone call had me working on my desktop, I was able to duplicate what they did there on my laptop and get it operational.

          A big thanks to Lectrosonics for outstanding support.

          Daniel Chin