Cannot connect to DM1612F

  • danielwchin
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 30, 2012
      List,
      I am trying to connect to a DM1612F but am unable. The device is new. I have tried it on two different computers, both running Windows XP Pro with SP3.

      I have been through the steps in the manual and installing software & drivers before connecting.

      When I try to connect via RS232, nothing happens--the model and serial number do not appear.

      When I try to connect via USB, Windows pops up the "new hardware found" message. I say "no" to the "Windows Update" question and select "Install from a list or specific location." Despite including the CD in the selection, Windows still gives me a "Cannot install this Hardware" message.

      I have tried different USB cables and at least according to continuity tests, the RS232 cable is correct.

      Does anyone have any ideas?

      Thanks in advance,
      Daniel Chin
    • baziik01
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2012
        Hello, would it be possible for you to call me here at Lectro with equipment and computer, at 1-800-821-1121 x171, or ask for Rene.

        --- In LecNet2@yahoogroups.com, "danielwchin" <danielwchin@...> wrote:

        > List,
        > I am trying to connect to a DM1612F but am unable. The device is new. I have tried it on two different computers, both running Windows XP Pro with SP3.
        >
        > I have been through the steps in the manual and installing software & drivers before connecting.
        >
        > When I try to connect via RS232, nothing happens--the model and serial number do not appear.
        >
        > When I try to connect via USB, Windows pops up the "new hardware found" message. I say "no" to the "Windows Update" question and select "Install from a list or specific location." Despite including the CD in the selection, Windows still gives me a "Cannot install this Hardware" message.
        >
        > I have tried different USB cables and at least according to continuity tests, the RS232 cable is correct.
        >
        > Does anyone have any ideas?
        >
        > Thanks in advance,
        > Daniel Chin

      • Gordon Moore
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2012

          Hi Rene,  I called Daniel and he is up and running!

          Hello, would it be possible for you to call me here at Lectro with equipment and computer, at 1-800-821-1121 x171, or ask for Rene.

          --- In LecNet2@yahoogroups.com, "danielwchin" <danielwchin@...> wrote:

          > List,
          > I am trying to connect to a DM1612F but am unable. The device is new. I have tried it on two different computers, both running Windows XP Pro with SP3.
          >
          > I have been through the steps in the manual and installing software & drivers before connecting.
          >
          > When I try to connect via RS232, nothing happens--the model and serial number do not appear.
          >
          > When I try to connect via USB, Windows pops up the "new hardware found" message. I say "no" to the "Windows Update" question and select "Install from a list or specific location." Despite including the CD in the selection, Windows still gives me a "Cannot install this Hardware" message.
          >
          > I have tried different USB cables and at least according to continuity tests, the RS232 cable is correct.
          >
          > Does anyone have any ideas?
          >
          > Thanks in advance,
          > Daniel Chin

        • danielwchin
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2012
            Thanks to everyone who responded!

            Nathan (a service tech) got me connected with RS-232. Gordon Moore gave me a call and through screen sharing, he and Bob (the hotshot engineer) got me up and running with USB.

            Since that phone call had me working on my desktop, I was able to duplicate what they did there on my laptop and get it operational.

            A big thanks to Lectrosonics for outstanding support.

            Daniel Chin