Trouble with Linear pot.

  • tuna1026
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 23, 2009
      I have been messing with this for a few days now and I am trying to
      hook up a control box that is on our Judge's bench to our dm1624. All
      other controls are working (ex. Sidebar, toggle mute, etc.) the only
      thing I can not get working is the actual volume. I hook it up and if
      I turn the switch to off, ccw, then it will shut off, other than that
      it will not raise nor lower the volume. Any thoughts or help would be
      greatly appreciated.

      Thanks
      -Brian
    • lectrohowie
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 26, 2009
        Hi Brian,

        It would be very helpful if you could explain how you hooked the pot up. It needs to be a
        10Kohm linear taper variety. Which exact pins of the pot (top, bottom, wiper) connect to
        which pins on the remote control connector?

        What option did you select in the drop down menu for that particular logic pin? It should
        be Analog Input RP Gain Control (or Output depending on what you are trying to control).

        Regards,

        Howard

        --- In LecNet2@yahoogroups.com, "tuna1026" <Brian_C_Davis@...> wrote:

        > I have been messing with this for a few days now and I am trying to
        > hook up a control box that is on our Judge's bench to our dm1624. All
        > other controls are working (ex. Sidebar, toggle mute, etc.) the only
        > thing I can not get working is the actual volume. I hook it up and if
        > I turn the switch to off, ccw, then it will shut off, other than that
        > it will not raise nor lower the volume. Any thoughts or help would be
        > greatly appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks
        > -Brian

      • Gordon Moore
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 26, 2009
          Two things to check

          1) in software - make certain the logic input has been configured as
          an ANALOG control (using the rear panel control tab). Remember to
          save to the preset. Double check the limits on the Min gain and Gain
          preset - for starters set OFF for min gain and 0 for gain preset

          2) Make certain the pot is connected CCW to ground, CW to +5 and
          wiper to the logic pin.

          Call me at 1-800-821-1121 if any further problems - Gordon

        • Brian_C_Davis@pamd.uscourts.gov
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 27, 2009
            Thanks for your response! After playing with it it finally ended up
            working. The way I have it hooked up now is CCW to ground, CW to +5 and
            wiper to the logic pin. They are going in pins 1,14,3 respectivley.

            (Embedded image moved to file: pic12382.jpg)Brian Davis
            Systems Administrator
            570-207-5621