  • JR Tyler
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 20, 2008

      Hey crowd,

      I recently attended the Lectro school and as soon as I got back ran into a situation that made me wish I had taken better notes. (really, I’m not kidding)  Gordon in particular, explained the benefits of using Phantom mix mode when setting up the DMTH4. For the life of me I can’t replicate the settings we discussed in class. Could anyone (Gordon) chime in on the matrix settings I’m forgetting.  Thanx in advance.

      Roland (JR) Tyler

      Install Manager

      DCI Sound

      2533 Cherry Valley Turnpike

      Marcellus, New York 13108

      315-673-2088

    • Gordon Moore
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 20, 2008
        Great questions Roland!

        To take advantage of the phantom mix mode in audio conferencing, you
        will engage it in the DM mixer the DMTH4 is feeding, ie the DM1612,
        DM84 etc.

        First remember to put the mixer into phantom mix mode - for the
        DM1612, DM1624 and DM812, that is the Configure choice on the top
        banner, then click phantom mix mode.

        There are two scenarios - the first is when the local microphones are
        not amplified at all within the room. In this case, enable all the
        microphones in the room for routing to the amplifiers but change the
        crosspoint to Phantom mode. Make sure that the crosspoint is at or
        about 0dB level. It MUST be engaged (green not grey).

        Scenario two is local amplification of the microphones - the mics are
        amplified in the room - mix minus perhaps. If any microphones are
        OFF at the cross points for mix-minus, chenge them to enabled but in
        phantom mode.

        Make sense?

        Gordon