Changing presets on a DM1624 master/slave combo

  • clan207
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 10, 2007
      Is there any way to tell the master DM1624 to change the preset number
      on a slave DM1624 when a programmable input is used on the master to
      select the active preset?

      Or, even, it there any way to do this when the master DM1624 preset is
      changed from the front panel?

      bob
    • Howard Kaufman
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 10, 2007
        Yes.  One way would be to connect from logic outputs on the master to logic inputs on the slave.  You'll need an input/output pair for each preset.

        Program those outputs to go "High" on the Master to correspond to each preset and the Logic Inputs on the slave to select the appropriate presets there.

        Regards,

        Howard Kaufman
        Technical Representative
        Lectrosonics
        (516) 557-5213 (cell and office)
        www.lectrosonics.com

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 10, 2007
          Sorry, I didn't mean to mislead  but what I said in my previous response about the logic going "high" can be confusing.  I meant that set the output logic pins on the Master to follow the chosen Presets and that would give you a closure to ground, which is what the logic input on the slave is looking for.  (I was sitting in a SYNAUDCON seminar at the time I responded and didn't have my full attention available for the email I wrote - lesson learned!)

          To clarify, here is some more detail:

          On the Master, go to the Rear Panel CTL tab
          Choose the Output Logic tab at the bottom
          Choose output logic Pin 1 (probably chosen by default)
          Set it for "Monitor Active Preset" from the pull down list
          Check preset 1

          On the Slave go to the Rear Panel CTL tab
          Choose Input Logic (probably chosen by default)
          Set input logic pin 1 to "Recall Memory Preset"
          Check Preset 1

          Do the same for each preset but increment the pin numbers on the master and slave appropriately for all the required presets, i.e. logic pins 2 for preset 2, pins 3 for preset 3, etc..

          Then physically connect the pins on the 25 pin connectors so that Logic outputs of the Master connect to the corresponding Logic inputs of the slave.

          I hope that helps!

          Regards,

          Howard

          On Sep 10, 2007, at 3:16 PM, Howard Kaufman wrote:

[...]

        • Bob Peticolas
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 10, 2007

            Howard,

            Ahhh….thank you.  We had intended to connect LEDs to the Programmable outputs to let us know which preset was current.

            From what you are saying, I would place a ground on Input 1 on the master.  This would select preset 1 and take the output 1 low.  This would be connected to input 1 on the slave which would load it’s preset 1 and give me a ground on slave output 1 which would light  my LED.

            Thus, pressing the button for preset 1 would cause both boxes to load preset 1 and I would have a confirmation light from output 1 on the slave.

            Great,

            Thank you.

            Bob Peticolas

            Media Developer

            Information Technology Department

            Doña Ana County

            505 525-5905

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 11, 2007
                Howard,

                You were clear the first time.  I knew what you meant.  I'll be wiring this up this week.

                Thanks again,

                bob