Re: [Leathercrafters101] Leather kit

  • oahumike@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1 6:03 AM
      I know of no kit for a bowling ball bag, however, Al Stohlman put out a three volume set How to Make Leather Cases. A step by step for making a bowling ball bag is in one of the volumes. I am at work now, but if you wish I will check to see which volume and you can look on E-Bay, Hide Crafter or Tandy for it.

      Mike
    • bob davy
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1 6:22 AM
        YOu are probably thinking or someone has told you
        about an old kit that Tandy used to carry 20 or more
        years ago. The nice thing about it was that it had a
        metal frame inside that held the ball up with space
        underneath for shoes, etc. There was a side pocket in
        the bottom to access the shoes.
        Other than the frame, which I don't suppose is
        available anywhere now, the kit was only a bag with a
        large zipper on top to get the ball in and out.
        Designing the bag will not be as much problem as
        getting something inside to hold the ball. Letting it
        rumble around inside without constraint would not be a
        good idea.
        Bob D
        --- oahumike@... wrote:

        > I know of no kit for a bowling ball bag, however, Al
        > Stohlman put out a three volume set How to Make
        > Leather Cases. A step by step for making a bowling
        > ball bag is in one of the volumes. I am at work
        > now, but if you wish I will check to see which
        > volume and you can look on E-Bay, Hide Crafter or
        > Tandy for it.
        >
        > Mike

      • Bruce Morgan
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1 6:22 AM
          Thanks, I'll try that.

          oahumike@... wrote:
          I know of no kit for a bowling ball bag, however, Al Stohlman put out a three volume set How to Make Leather Cases. A step by step for making a bowling ball bag is in one of the volumes.  I am at work now, but if you wish I will check to see which volume and you can look on E-Bay, Hide Crafter or Tandy for it.

          Mike

          Custom belts, contact Dan at dantheleatherman@...

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • SHELL SOMEONE
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 1 8:03 PM
            Hi my name is michele there is akit for a bowling ball it also has the section in bottom for shoes or a washer & a wire frame for ball to sit on as i have two of them that i mad e have been doing leather carving for over 27 years

            Bruce Morgan <mrtool684u@...> wrote:
            Thanks, I'll try that.