Re: Welcome

  • Daniel E Persinger
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 7, 1999
      On Wed, 5 May 1999 18:42:35 -0400 Daniel E Persinger
      <dantheleatherman@...> writes:
      >From: Daniel E Persinger <dantheleatherman@...>
      >

      >Hello new subscribers and welcome to Leathercrafters 101. The reason
      >that I put this list together is to help people that are in the
      >leather crafting trade find tools, materials or supplies. Also to
      >answer any questions that I can. This is not really a discussion list
      >per say, but it can be if one heats up. So if you have any questions
      >fire away, I'll
      >try to help the best that I can. I also do special order belts and
      >other
      >small items if anyone needs.
      >Dan the Leather Man
      >You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get
      >completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html
      >or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

      >ONElist: Where Star Wars fans unite! http://www.onelist.com Find your
      >Star Wars list today!

      >Custom belts, contact Dan at dantheleatherman@...

    • Daniel E Persinger
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 11, 1999

      • Aylindrena@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 12, 1999
          Was wondering if anyone knew of anyplace in the Philadelphia area (ok, from
          North Jersey on down through Delaware, LOL) where I can go to buy leather
          pieces (full/partial skins)? Since Tandy closed all their retail stores, I'm
          at a loss, and I am one of those people who need to "touch" before I buy.
          Usually the feel of a piece is more important than things like color to me,
          after all, most pieces can be dyed.

          Thanks!

          aylin
          aylindrena@...
        • -annie-
          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 13, 1999
            Try the Leather Factory http://www.leatherfactory.com/ The site is not up
            to date, here is a toll free # to locate a store or authorized dealer.
            1-877-leather (532-8437) they are opening new locations and some of the old
            Tandy stores are reopening as Leather Factory.

            Another source (if you don't mind a day trip to New Hampshire) might be:
            Garlin Leathers - Garlin Leathers
            66-D River Rd.
            Hudson, NH 03051
            Attn: Peter Gardant
            Excellent quality 'struck through' calf and buffalo calf. Excellent price!

            Good Luck!

            - annie -

            Please visit my web site:
            http://www.prak.com/anniesartistry

            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 13, 1999
              In a message dated 7/13/99 10:59:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time, annie@...
              writes:

              << Try the Leather Factory http://www.leatherfactory.com/ The site is not up
              to date, here is a toll free # to locate a store or authorized dealer.
              1-877-leather (532-8437) they are opening new locations and some of the old
              Tandy stores are reopening as Leather Factory. >>

              Thanks, Annie! Will definitely look into that!

              aylin
            • Daniel E Persinger
              Message 6 of 20 , Jul 13, 1999
                I have a whole list of places...but I'll have to get back with you later
                on it.

                Message 7 of 20 , Jul 14, 1999
                  In a message dated 7/14/99 1:53:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                  dantheleatherman@... writes:

                  <<
                  I have a whole list of places...but I'll have to get back with you later
                  on it. >>

                  Thanks a bunch, Dan! :)

                  aylin
                • Daniel E Persinger