New Kid On The Block

  • bonnielass5_32548
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2002
      Hi!
      My name is Sharon and I have just started to get into
      leatherworking...I purchased some kits off eBay as well as some
      tools..not sure if I have all I need to get started so I would
      appreciate contact with someone who can give me some guidance.

      Thank you!
      Sharon
    • bardicforest
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 13, 2002
        --- In Leathercrafters101@y..., "bonnielass5_32548"
        <Bonnielass5@a...> wrote:
        > Hi!
        > My name is Sharon and I have just started to get into
        > leatherworking...I purchased some kits off eBay as well as some
        > tools..not sure if I have all I need to get started so I would
        > appreciate contact with someone who can give me some guidance.
        >
        > Thank you!
        > Sharon

        hi,

        is this the questoin that you need answared? if so i will try.
        what tpye of leater work are you doing at this time. im new to list
        to but have been doing leather work for a few years. when i started
        i started with sissors (heavy dutiy), a leather hole punch, a pattern
        my wife made for looking a the pouch i wanted to make. some leather
        needles. and laceing. you can also use blunt needles with big eyes.
        needle point needle works well. you will need 2 for the saddle
        stitch. a good pen to mark out the pattern on the back side of the
        leather. some leather cleaner and some mink oil. we made these
        pouches for about 3.00 ea and sold them for 20.00 ea. and that was a
        few year ago and our bisness is going very well. this is just how my
        lady and i got started we still do not own a lot of tools but we make
        good money somtimes and it fun and somthing the family can do togeter.
        hope this help if you send more info. we would be glad to go in more
        detail as to what you may want or need.
        be well,
        silverwolf