Howdy! I am new here.

  • azredphx2001
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
      Howdy! I used to do leathercrafts many years ago and at that time I
      had many tools. I learned how to tool leather and creat many things
      from belts and wallets to saddles and tack. Unfortunatly I went
      through a rough period of life and lost all my tools and equipment
      plus lost interest in my craft.
      Lately though I have been thinking about getting back into my craft.
      I used to deal with Tandy Leather Company but have not been able to
      find them. I know they are on-line but was shocked at the costs.
      I wish to ask how does a person begin again?
      Thank you.
    • Dennis
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2002
        I don't think Tandy has any stores left. They are
        strictly on line, now.

        You might also try for tools and parts:

        Weaver Leather
        Mast Harness Hardwars
        Ohio Travel Bag

        All have on line presence, where you can order
        catlogs.

        As far as getting started, settle on a project, and
        just buy the minimum you need for that project. If
        you go wild in the catalogs, like I tend to, you can
        easily run up a $300 list of buckles and rivets and
        stuff.

        - Dennis
        --
        Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all
        terror, victory however long and hard the road

        http://health.yahoo.com
      • oahumike@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2002
          In a message dated 8/2/02 12:00:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
          edgeplay_cgo@... writes:

          << I don't think Tandy has any stores left. They are strictly on line, now.

          The Leather Factory is now beginning the process of opening retail stores
          under the Tandy name again. Their ad on the back cover of latest issue of
          TLC&SJ has the addresses of the first stores.

          Mike