Welcome

  • Daniel E Persinger
    Message 1 of 20 , May 2 9:32 AM
      Hello, and welcome to leathercrafters 101. The reason I put this list
      together is mostly for people needing help finding supplies. Tandy is now
      closing all of it's stores and doing catalog orders only. So if you need
      any help finding anything, or if you have any other questions just let me
      know.

      Dan the Leather Man

      or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]
    • Daniel E Persinger
      Message 2 of 20 , May 5 3:42 PM
        Hello new subscribers and welcome to Leathercrafters 101. The reason that
        I put this list together is to help people that are in the leather
        crafting trade find tools, materials or supplies. Also to answer any
        questions that I can. This is not really a discussion list per say, but
        it can be if one heats up. So if you have any questions fire away, I'll
        try to help the best that I can. I also do special order belts and other
        small items if anyone needs.

        Message 3 of 20 , May 14 7:44 PM

          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 6, 1999

            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 8, 1999

              Message 6 of 20 , Jun 13, 1999

                Message 7 of 20 , Jun 16, 1999

                  Message 8 of 20 , Jun 25, 1999

                    Message 9 of 20 , Jul 7, 1999

                      Message 10 of 20 , Jul 11, 1999

                      • Aylindrena@xxx.xxx
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jul 12, 1999
                          Was wondering if anyone knew of anyplace in the Philadelphia area (ok, from
                          North Jersey on down through Delaware, LOL) where I can go to buy leather
                          pieces (full/partial skins)? Since Tandy closed all their retail stores, I'm
                          at a loss, and I am one of those people who need to "touch" before I buy.
                          Usually the feel of a piece is more important than things like color to me,
                          after all, most pieces can be dyed.

                          Thanks!

                          aylin
                          aylindrena@...
                        • -annie-
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jul 13, 1999
                            Try the Leather Factory http://www.leatherfactory.com/ The site is not up
                            to date, here is a toll free # to locate a store or authorized dealer.
                            1-877-leather (532-8437) they are opening new locations and some of the old
                            Tandy stores are reopening as Leather Factory.

                            Another source (if you don't mind a day trip to New Hampshire) might be:
                            Garlin Leathers - Garlin Leathers
                            66-D River Rd.
                            Hudson, NH 03051
                            Attn: Peter Gardant
                            Excellent quality 'struck through' calf and buffalo calf. Excellent price!

                            Good Luck!

                            - annie -

                            Please visit my web site:
                            http://www.prak.com/anniesartistry

                            Message 13 of 20 , Jul 13, 1999
                              In a message dated 7/13/99 10:59:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time, annie@...
                              writes:

                              << Try the Leather Factory http://www.leatherfactory.com/ The site is not up
                              to date, here is a toll free # to locate a store or authorized dealer.
                              1-877-leather (532-8437) they are opening new locations and some of the old
                              Tandy stores are reopening as Leather Factory. >>

                              Thanks, Annie! Will definitely look into that!

                              aylin
                            • Daniel E Persinger
                              Message 14 of 20 , Jul 13, 1999
                                I have a whole list of places...but I'll have to get back with you later
                                on it.

                                Message 15 of 20 , Jul 14, 1999
                                  In a message dated 7/14/99 1:53:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                                  dantheleatherman@... writes:

                                  <<
                                  I have a whole list of places...but I'll have to get back with you later
                                  on it. >>

                                  Thanks a bunch, Dan! :)

                                  aylin
                                • Daniel E Persinger