Newsletter

  • Gavin Dudeney
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 22, 2004
      Hi All,

      By now (hopefully... ???) you will have received your first
      newsletter of this year - I hope you enjoy it and are pleased with
      the new look and design.

      I need to produce the next one for sometime in May and am - once
      again - looking for articles for it. So please get writing and send
      them off to me. Here's what I need if you want to contribute:

      Article in a popular word processing format
      Biodata of the author(s)
      Digital photo of the author (optional)
      Snail mail address for your complimentary copy

      And if you're going to the conference, I'd be happy to meet you and
      to hear back afterwards with reviews of relevant talks, products or
      simply a review of the conference itself.

      I look forward to hearing from you.

      Regards

      Gavin
    • Maria Jordano
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 23, 2004
        Hi Gavin,

        I was going to congratulate you before for the
        newsletter, which is great! but I forgot it.... I do
        it now, by the way. And I will try to write something
        for thhe next issue.

        Thank you very much for you work,

        Mar�a

        =====

        Mar�a Jordano de la Torre
        Avda. Men�ndez Pidal, s/n
        14071 C�rdoba, Spain/ Tfno. +34 957 212 130

        TI Office 1915 TI2 Office MariaJ_Ofc - www.mariajordano.com

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
      • Gavin Dudeney
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 23, 2004
          María,

          Thanks very much - it's always nice when people appreciate something.
          Please send an article - I'm counting on people like you.

          Gavin

          At 04:28 23/03/2004 -0800, you wrote:
          >Hi Gavin,
          >
          >I was going to congratulate you before for the
          >newsletter, which is great! but I forgot it.... I do
          >it now, by the way. And I will try to write something
          >for thhe next issue.
          >
          >Thank you very much for you work,
          >
          >María
          >
          >=====
          >
          >María Jordano de la Torre
          >Avda. Menéndez Pidal, s/n
          >14071 Córdoba, Spain/ Tfno. +34 957 212 130
          >
          >TI Office 1915 TI2 Office MariaJ_Ofc - www.mariajordano.com

          Gavin Dudeney - Project Director, The Consultants-E, S.L.L.
          c/ Cerámica 54, 08035 Barcelona, Spain | Tel +34 93 427 4240

          Home Tel: +34 350 5161 | Mobile Tel: +34 650 435 741

          gavin.dudeney@... | www.theconsultants-e.com
        • Gavin Dudeney
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 24, 2005
            Hi All,

            Sorry for the flurry of messages.... I've just received my February
            copy of the Computer SIG Journal (a bit late, I know, but
            unavoidable delays in the printing process), and I sincerely hope
            that you will either have already got yours, or that it will be
            landing in your letterboxes in the next few days. I do hope you
            enjoy it when you get it.

            And so it begins again. The next edition is due out in July and I'm
            now beginning to solicit articles for it. If you've got anything
            you'd like to say, then I'd like to hear from you - you can send me
            an article, or come up and say hello in Cardiff and drop a floppy
            disk in my hands....

            And a plea (this is where I have to admit to a moment of gross
            stupidity)... due to some rather over-zealous tidying up of my
            computer I seem to have deleted a folder which was holding two or
            three articles I'd reserved for the July edition and whose authors I
            had promised to publish. If I made such a promise to you, could you
            please get in touch with me and send me a new version of your
            article. Apologies in advance - sometimes one can go too far in
            tidying up one's life....

            Have a good Easter holiday, however, wherever, whenever, if you have
            one!

            Gavin
          • Gavin Dudeney
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 28, 2005
              Hi All,

              WINTER 2005 EDITION

              I'm now working on the winter edition of the Learning Technologies
              SIG newsletter, and am still on the lookout for articles - if you've
              got something you'd like to send to me for consideration, I'd be very
              happy to take a look at it - thanks in advance!!!

              Also...

              SPRING 2006 EDITION

              In Spring 2006, the IATEFL Global Issues and Learning Technologies
              SIGs will publish a joint newsletter focusing on the use of learning
              technologies in promoting and stimulating an awareness and
              understanding of global issues for ELT practitioners, and which
              encourage the development of global education within ELT. This could
              include investigating topics such as:

              - learning technologies and peace, justice and equality; human rights
              and social responsibility; globalization and world development;
              social identity; and the role of the English language and English
              Language Teaching in the world.

              - Learning technologies and the promotion of a less Eurocentric
              perspective within ELT.

              - Discussion of language teaching in low-tech environments.

              Contributions on any relevant topic are welcome. Please contact
              Graham Hall (g.hall@...)- the Coordinator of the GISIG to
              express an interest or for further information.

              Thanks in advance for your help

              Gavin

              Gavin Dudeney
              Learning Technologies SIG Coordinator / Acting Newsletter Editor
            • Dr. Andreas Büsing
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 28, 2005
                >.I'm now working on the winter edition of the Learning Technologies SIG
                >.newsletter, and am still on the lookout for articles - if you've got
                >.something you'd like to send to me for consideration, I'd be very happy to
                >.take a look at it - thanks in advance!!!

                A few more details like deadline, how many words, are pictures and graphs
                allowed and so on please...

                Cheers

                Andreas

                I am too old to know everything...
              • Gavin Dudeney
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 28, 2005
                  Andreas,

                  You and me both! Deadline is a.s.a.p. (i.e within the next two weeks), word
                  limit is 5 pages, A4, Airal 10 point or 3,000 words - whichever suits.
                  Pictures and graphs allowed, please send as separate attachments and
                  indicate where they should go in the article.

                  Best regards

                  Gavin

                  Gavin Dudeney - Project Director
                  The Consultants-E, S.L.L.

                  Email: gavin.dudeney@...
                  Website: http://www.theconsultants-e.com
                  Skype: theconsultants-e
                  MSN: gavindudeney@...

                  Office (General Enquiries): +44 (0) 20 7193 0770

                  Direct Line (Gavin): +34 93 350 5161
                  Fax: +44 (0) 870 705 9464
                  Mobile (Gavin): +34 669 267 444

                  CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE