42nd Benkyoukai (Study Forum) Shunko Muroya "Online support for primary and secondary teachers of Japanese in Victoria, Australia"

  • Keiko Schneider
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2004
      Dear fellow language professionals and techies,

      Info Page:
      <http://www.sabotenweb.com/bookmarks/about/42ndbenkyoukai.html>

      SenseiOnline presents 42nd Benkyoukai (Study Forum)
      Shunko Muroya "Online support for primary and secondary teachers of
      Japanese in Victoria, Australia"
      March 24-25, 2004

      March 25th (Tursday), 2004 at 10am Melbourne time
      March 24th (Wednesday) 1pm Hawaii, 5pm CST, 6pm EST, 11pm London/GMT,
      March 25th (Thursday) 8am Japan, 10am Sydney, noon New Zealand, if this
      calculation is correct. To be sure, please go to
      (<http://www.timezoneconverter.com/>)

      How long?
      For about 50 minutes

      Whos is the invited speaker?
      Shunko Muroya

      Shunko MUROYA is currently the Japanese Adviser for the State of
      Victoria, Australia, sponsored by the Japan Foundation. LOTE (Language
      Other Than English) education in primary and secondary schools has been
      significantly promoted in Australia since the late 80Õs and it has one
      of the largest numbers of learners of Japanese in the world. As the
      Japanese Adviser of Victoria, Mr. Muroya's job is to support primary
      and secondary teachers of Japanese in various ways, such as providing
      updated information, developing teaching resources, conducting
      seminars, visiting schools and consulting teachers. He has been in the
      Japanese teaching field since 1984 and has taught Japanese in China,
      Japan, Indonesia, Australia, Hungary and the US. (Email:
      muroya.shunko.s@...)

      Short description of the presentation
      I'm the Japanese Adviser for the State of Victoria, Australia sponsored
      by the Japan Foundation. My job is mainly to support primary and
      secondary teachers here in Victoria and I find using the Internet very
      useful and relevant especially for supporting teachers who are in
      remote areas. In this session of Benkyokai, I would like to introduce
      some of the online support work I offer and discuss pros and cons about
      it.

      What is going to happen?
      Muroya sensei's paper is at
      <http://www.geocities.com/shunkomuroya/muroya-paper.htm>

      So read the paper and go to TAPPED IN . There, you will be able to
      discuss this topic with Muroya sensei and
      others from around the world. TAPPED IN is open to everybody and the
      presentation will be done in English.

      Where?
      TAPPED IN is letting us use their space. Please go to
      <http://www.sabotenweb.com/bookmarks/about/42ndbenkyoukai.html>
      for detailed Guest log in info. No sign up necessary. Please log in a
      few minutes early to get used to the environment or do practice before
      the actual session.

      Can I use Japanese?
      TAPPED IN can't yet show Japanese even if user computer is
      Japanese capable.

      If I can't attend? If I am too sleepy?
      The log of the event will be available in PDF format after several days
      after the event. Please visit:
      <http://www.tappedin.org/transcripts/artshumanities/>

      Please send any question to the Manager of senseiOnline at
      senseionline-owner@yahoogroups.com I look forward to seeing you all!

      Sincerely yours,
      Keiko Schneider

      --