Invitation to Shinnenkai (New Year's party)

  • Keiko Schneider
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 23, 2003
      Dear fellow language professionals and techies,

      Invitation to Shinnenkai (New Year's party)

      I am a occasional volunteer HelpDesk at this online conference center
      for educators. Everybody is welcome!

      SHINNENKAI: January 6-7th, 2004

      SHINNENKAI is a Japanese tradition of getting together at the beginning
      of the year to renew our friendship/working relationship for the new
      year. Anybody who is interested is welcome. (Professional conduct is
      expected in TAPPED IN.) SHINNENKAI hopes to achieve the following
      goals.

      - Serve as introduction to senseiOnine and/or TAPPED IN.
      - If participants are interested, I can take a tour of TAPPED IN.
      - Help networking among the members/guests and provide feedback on
      senseiOnline and its online forum, Benkyoukai

      To be sure of your local time, please go to Timezone Converter at
      http://www.timezoneconverter.com/ and calculate from US Mountain time.

      When:
      Session 1:
      January 6th, 2004, Tuesday 10am MST (7am Hawaii, 9am PST, 11am CST,
      noon EST, 5pm London/GMT; January 7th Wednesday 2am Japan, 4am
      Sydney, 6am NZ)

      Session 2:
      January 6th, 2004, Tuesday, 4pm MST (1pm Hawaii, 3pm PST, 5pm CST,
      6pm EST, 11pm London/GMT,; January 7th Wednesday 8am Japan, 10am
      Sydney, noon NZ)

      How long:
      One hour from the starting time indicated above

      What to talk about:
      Nothing is set in advance.

      Where:

      Instructions to log in as a guest and get to the After School Online
      Room:
      1. Go to http://ti2.sri.com
      2. Click the "Guest Login" Button on the TAPPED IN home page
      3. Fill in your name (up to 6 letters) and click on "Log in as a Guest"
      4. When loading is done, you will be in the Reception area.
      5. To talk, type in the message in the window next to the word SAY.
      Then press the SEND button or the ENTER key
      6. In order to get to After School Online room, you can click on After
      School Online in the Featured Passageways.

      You can view Introduction to the TI2 User Interface at
      http://ti2.sri.com/tappedin/web/ui.jsp

      What is TAPPED IN?
      TAPPED IN is the online workplace of an international community of
      education professionals. Teachers and librarians, professional
      development staff, teacher education faculty and students, and
      researchers engage in professional development programs and informal
      collaborative activities with colleagues. You can find out what
      TAPPED IN is about including the activities that educators can do at
      http://ti2.sri.com/tappedin/web/about.jsp

      What is senseiOnline?
      Info at http://www.sabotenweb.com/bookmarks/about/senseiOnline.html

      If you have any questions, please feel free to write to Keiko Schneider
      at <senseionline-owner@yahoogroups.com> Hope to see you there!
      --
      Keiko Schneider (kschnei@...)
      Bookmarks: http://www.sabotenweb.com/bookmarks
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 20, 2004
        Dear fellow language professionals and techies,

        Invitation to Shinnenkai (New Year's party)

        I am a occasional volunteer HelpDesk at this online conference center
        for educators. Everybody is welcome!

        SHINNENKAI: January 3rd-4th, 2005

        SHINNENKAI is a Japanese tradition of getting together at the beginning
        of the year to renew our friendship/working relationship for the new
        year. Anybody who is interested is welcome. (Professional conduct is
        expected in TAPPED IN.) SHINNENKAI hopes to achieve the following
        goals.

        - Serve as introduction to senseiOnine and/or TAPPED IN.
        - If participants are interested, I can take a tour of TAPPED IN.
        - Help networking among the members/guests and provide feedback on
        senseiOnline and its online forum, Benkyoukai

        To be sure of your local time, please go to Timezone Converter at
        http://www.timezoneconverter.com/ and calculate from US Pacific time.

        Session 1:
        January 3rd, 2005 (Monday) 9am PST
        7am Hawaii, 11am CST, noon EST, 5pm London/GMT; January 4th (Tuesday)
        2am Japan, 4am
        Sydney, 6am NZ

        Session 2:
        January 3rd, 2005 (Monday) 3pm PST
        1pm Hawaii, 5pm CST, 6pm EST, 11pm London/GMT,; January 4th (Tuesday)
[...]

        Sincerely yours,
        Keiko Schneider